free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

I have a 2001 electra glide 88cu in 5 speed, rinehart true duels , arlin ness supper air sucker, just put 206 cam and roller and valves last week , I do ride it like I stoled it and im getting 32mpg is that bad?

so if i did ride normal(lol) what do you think I could get , cuz even on highway just got back from wv mnt fest (blast) i was traveling 75mph only 32, so if i behave what should I get?

"NORMAL" is in the eye of the beholder but you should be able to get at least mid 30's. The 96 engines are getting more than that.

2000 Fatboy, stock, carburated 88B, new Dunlops, Stage 1, riding solo, normally 55-60 mph with an occasional "tweak" of the throttle.

45 MPG, I'm happy with that.

Ishmael

Wow!!!! I'm not doubting you, but that seems pretty high to me. I only get 40 at best riding solo. Same motor, same tranny. Are you carb, or FI??? Do you have a windshield??? That probably increases some mpg if you don't, but not that much.

glazier, my bike has FI and windshield, I always ride with my wife onboard. combined we must weigh in at about 330+#. I ride about 60-70 on the Interstates and maybe about 40-50-55 on the 2 lane backroads. I dont hot rod through the gears - wifey just likes to casually ride around and go places to eat etc. We love riding and we always ride together. I always get ---- maybe ----- between, well to be safe here -- between 45-50. It's always right near the 50 mark but have done the math and got 47 or so. I always cal MPG using the miles traveled in to the gallons added. I use the trip meter to determine when I must get gas - then fill up to within about a half inch from spilling over (while on the kickstand) and just look and see how much gas it took to go that many miles. I am totally pleased with the way the bike runs (very good) and the mileage AND the oil temps dont go much over 210 degrees. Life is good!!! BE SAFE!!!

Bill

I have a 2002 FXSTI, 88, fuel injected, Stage one air cleaner and V-H Straightshot exhaust system. Well maintained, Syn 3 oil. Gas mileage 48 to 56mpg, If I ride easy of the highway so my girlfriend can keep up, 56mpg last week.This is in the summer too. Normal mileage is about 50mpg city. Also Platinum H-D plugs, gap =.44

I get about 42 mpg on my old Evo, it still has the original butterfly carb. If I push it hard, around 36 mpg. This is the old 1986 technology.

Back