free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

Quote;That does seem suspiciously low - you might as well trade in the bike for a Toyota!

Hmmm maybe trade it for a gm, ford or Chrysler instead. More jobs are created in North America by these guys!
You may have a brake caliper dragging or something jack the wheels up and see how they spin and after your next ride just check the heat on the calipers =. careful if they are dragging they will be burn your hand hot.

Oh yeah sorry 2010 EG Classic 96 ci and I don't check it often but last I checked it was 40 and 45 mpg and way better than my Sierra or Grand Prix. And much more fun too.

04 E glide with 45mm Mikuni, stage 3 heads, 590cams, 95in, High compression and on and on. Got 44mpg riding 2up from NE Ga to Daytona earlier this month. And normally get around 36 here in the mountains, but that 45 Mikuni will suck it down in town if you twist it!!!!

08 Fat Bob (aka "Duke")
-5.8k miles
-V&H Big Radius Pipes
-SE high flow air cleaner

I've been getting about 34mpg but I think that will improve once I get the fuel stabilizer and injector cleaner fully out of its system. (Would probably help if I could stop going out to the garage and firing it up just to listen to it also.)

But my truck? He gets about 18, so at the end of the day if it's 34 it's 34 and I'll be happy.

Ben

04 1200c
SE slip ons is the only mod I know of
No shield

I just bought it. I filled it up and set the milage. I have been riding as much as possible but with this rain I have only had the chance to run through one tank. I have rode it about 50% city 50% hwy, also half that time has been with a passenger. I only clock 137miles and it was 3.7 gals to fill back up. My math puts it at 37mpg which it not good at all in my book.

Confused by this????? I was atleast hoping for 45 or better.

There's no way you can accurately check MPG on only one tank.
Fill the tank a few times With Exactly the same level [top off] of gas each time.
Then check it.

09 Road King. On the Interstate we get 40mpg @ about 70-80 mph. Local rideing we get around 45mpg, speeds around 30-50mph. Bike is stock with driver and better half.

09 1200c Sportster all stock. mix of highway, stop and go, and country roads. no passengers. Low 32 MPG high 38 MPG. :(

I have an 07 Ultra that has Rinehart Tru Duals and Screamin Eagle Air filter with a power commander. Honestly say I do not know what settings are on the controller as it was installed by the dealer when the previous owner purchased the bike new. It runs well, with a some backfire on decel, and mileage is a dismal 33. I run a mix 60/40 highway city to get that mielage, but do not really see much improvement when I cruise on the super slab mileage goes up to about 33.5. For comparison I also have a 2006 Road Star that has a 102 engine, air kit, Cobra pipes, ported manifold and jetted that achieves 39-40 for the same type driving and gets 44-46 when cruising. Seems the Ultra ought to be getting about 7-10 miles per gallon better. What are others getting with similar set ups. I see most reporting about 40 with some over 50. With a 5 gallon tank, 33 mpg is not much range. At about 160 miles I am starting to sweat.

I drive 100 mls a day for work,half 2 lane and half interstate. My 05 fatboy screamin eagle pipes/stage 1 air. solo rideing,with windshield and bags, I get42mpg-44mpg. Depends how much wind I am bucking also. I use HD oil only and no synthetics. I also tip the scale at 270 lbs.:small3d031:

Back