free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

I guess 40-41mpg is as good as it gets, been doing the math every fill up, 41 is the best I've gotten.. thats with a heavy right wrist, I have a hard time not making the pipes sing.... have to be careful on trips longer than a 100 miles & plan my fuel stops... still fun!

I'm Older now (age only) and Don't TWIST the throttle as often as I used to .:cry

My 1200 R model (carbed) gets 49/50 mpg consistently. I think Some of the better mileage than the 883 you have is IN the gear ratio..:D

signed....BUBBIE

I wish I got that many. I average 35-37 a gallon and I have a stock 1200C and using 85 octane gas (ireland does not have anything higher). I have NEVER been close to what the dealer says is the average, even when I had the bike in the FL and running premium fuel... And for the most part I am not heavy with the right wrist.

ON the highway around 50 to 60 mph, my 2002 sportster (883) consistently gets around 60-61 MPG. It has screaming eagle air & exhaust, but otherwise stock.

I've never checked it around town.

I just checked my MPG for the first time since I got her. (2007 Sportster 883xl with Vance and Hanes pipes)...
42 mpg
most of this has been in town driving with the exception of about 45 miles.
I wonder how she would do with stock pipes?

I've had my 2004 1200c for about 5 months now it has a little over 7000 miles on it so far, it has a SE air cleaner w/k&n filter, Stock exhaust w/ opened baffles, A/F mix out 2.25 turns and it get about 49-51 mpg depending on how hard I ride it.

Comparing to most mid-size 4-wheelers, you're doing very well & 40+ mpg on a bike isn't shabby at all. Have you looked into adding tuner?? With right upgrades & tuning - you can probably squeeze it into upper 40's...maybe low-50's.

Nightster getting 46 - 47 mpg most of my riding is highway very little in town riding

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back