free website stats program Drinking and Riding,,do you? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drinking and Riding,,do you?

Done my share of Drinking and Driving while underage, just in my car that is. Lucky I never did anything that killed me or anyone else. Gave up drinking for the Lord about 2 years ago now, not because I had a problem, but because I realized that nothing good comes out of drinking any amount and I have a family that looks up to me. Needless to say, drinking while riding never existed for me, since I only got my license this year. Even if I did still have the occassional drink I can say I would never do it before getting on my bike. All one is doing is compounding the risk that you are already taking when you ride.

Years ago back in the early 70's their was about 25 of us that rode together and over a one year we rode hard and drank hard even to one guy pass out while riding his 650 Triumph trophy. The results was every one of us crashed and 22 of the 25 ended up with serious and life changing injuries but none lost their life. Now I'm the only one who rides. Some times I will drink, but limit myself to 3 beers over a period of at least 2 hrs. In North Carolina they give you the 1 beer an hr. rule also, but if you have an conseal gun carry permit and caught at .06 thats right .06 you not only lose your drivers lisc. but your charged with a felony and lose your carry permit.:newsmile021::newsmile065:

If I ride the bike to an event or party, if the atmosphere is good I'll have a few beers but at the end of the night I'll crash out somewhere or get a lift home with someone else and come back the next day to get the bike - providing I can remember where I left it!, and yes that has happened!

When I drink I take chances, like riding 80 mph on the interstate without a windshield. I try not to drink and ride.

If you drink and drive...chances are some day you will get caught and here in Texas it will cost lots of money. I would rather spend my hard earned money on my bike than on something that's going to just end up in the toilet.

Well, I'm a teatotaler, so it ain't an issue....but as I have said before...drinking booze and especially while riding a motorcycle can result in a meeting with the undertaker. They are always the last ones to let you down.

At times folk have intentions of drinking just a beer....next thing you know its 2,3,4 etc then they mount up on the cycle and are taking big risk... ain't worth it to me.

Contentious topic!My policy is if i'm driving or riding;NO alcohol.
It's the easiest way to do it.

"Long ago in a world far away.........." Time hasn't made me smarter, but it has made me a little wiser in some of the things I do. I may have a beer if I'm at an event on my bike. But, that is not the norm. Drinking clouds my judgement and loosens up the throttle too much.:Banane35:

Back