free website stats program Drinking and Riding,,do you? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drinking and Riding,,do you?

noway things do things get that crazy at the pit stop never been but thought about crossing the lake to check it out I work in the area but drive a company truck and on my way home see bikes galore headed that way

noway things do things get that crazy at the pit stop never been but thought about crossing the lake to check it out I work in the area but drive a company truck and on my way home see bikes galore headed that way

The Pit Stop on Jefferson Hwy is really hurting these days because the Kamp in Harahan has taken most of the business away. It's a much nicer place,,plus it's away from the homes. They get about 1200-1500 bikes there with nice weather.

With the laws the way they are set today even 2-3 beers can put you over the Limit Legally even though may be in control .. Say is a cage that cuts you off and causes an unavoidable accident not only will you end up with a DUI, more than likely will be charged with causing the wreck as well ... Just not worth the risk to me .. Ride Safe..

I agree with Jayson459, why risk it...? I would be more concerned about driving impaired, so if I have more than a single glass...wine or beer, I continue on, but without the alcohol for at least an hour or two, which is pretty hard to do here in California. But I have too much at stake with my gal, kids and grandkids to consider drinking and driving impaired. :bigsmiley12:

Not A Good Mix Either In A Cage Or On Cycle. I Seen The After Effect Also In My Line Of Work. Not Very Pretty.

Drinking and driving or riding do not mix thats all there is to it.
I have seen way to many bad endings over the years to think other wise.
Some of you know I owned (selling it) A bar.
We had many motorcycle clubs hold events there, we always made sure that theres were other ways for those that needed it get home and the bikes were keep safe.
If we ran out of room to put them inside we put bouncers in the lot to keep any eye on them till they came back for them.
I would rather upset a friend by taking his/her keys than plant them in a hole and help thier faimly sell off what left of the bike been there done that it anit no way to end a party.

It's a heck of a way to end a party and a friendship! That said I still think we are all guilty of being stupid sometimes

Back