free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I always wave at anyone riding anything when I see 'em. Same when I'm driving too. Funny, there's a scooter rider that lives close to me and he's always heading the opposite way coming home from work. He never waves back... we've been playing this same game for a year now. What's up with that? I figure you can get killed on a scooter as easily as a Harley or a sport bike, so they've all earned my respect.

I give every bike the wave. Regardless. Kind of like a secret handshake. And for the most part, every biker gives it back. Ride on.

Last year I changed from a harley to a BMW and noticed very few Harley riders waved...very sad.....I wonder if they knew there was still a Harley in the garage if I would then be accepted...makes me wanna puke....this year I sold the BMW and went back to Harley...I wave at all unless I'm distracted...been riding 40 years now, through most kinds of bikes imaginable...its a sport we all love regardless of model...for those that think they are special because they ride one thing or another....well just an opinion...they will always think they are special and always have..ride safe and happy is my motto....no matter what you ride

I'm sad to read that so many v-twin riders don't wave or acknowledge your courtesy in USA. In England the guys and girls on v-twins are very dependable wavers or nodders imo even though here it's trickier as our natural wave hand is on the throttle. As Hobbit says some of the crotch rocket folks may not have time to wave coz they're holding on for dear life lol. We nearly always nod though. There's a bond there amongst 2 and 3 wheelers, large small v-twin or other, (EDITED) - even engine or none :D We're all on the same road, feeling the same wind and the same sun. Love it all and ride safe.

Please read...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Different strokes for different folks!

I don't expect everyone that rides to be friendly, grouchy folks like to ride too! LOL:bigsmiley20:

I'm sad to read that so many v-twin riders don't wave or acknowledge your courtesy in USA. In England the guys and girls on v-twins are very dependable wavers or nodders imo even though here it's trickier as our natural wave hand is on the throttle. As Hobbit says some of the crotch rocket folks may not have time to wave coz they're holding on for dear life lol. We nearly always nod though. There's a bond there amongst 2 and 3 wheelers, large small v-twin or other, (EDITED) - even engine or none :D We're all on the same road, feeling the same wind and the same sun. Love it all and ride safe.

Ooops!! Did I let a bad word slip in there? I'm sorry about that and there is NO sarcasm in that apology I assure you. :bigsmiley25:

I wave to all, seems like around here its the crotch rockets that don't wave back. Like was said earlier maybe holding on for dear life. I have owned many bikes, and as long I'm able I'll wave. And help when I can. :D

Unless the fatboy is being fat and bouncy and I'm the one in the midst of steely concentration/hanging on for dear life, I wave to everyone on bikes or scooters or trikes and to all the little kids who wave from the back of their mum's cars. I wave at cops on blikes - they usually wave back. I waved at a bunch of scooter riders (old Mods) outside a pub in Leyburn (Yorkshire, England) this afternoon - they waved back. I wave to people on sports bikes - they usually wave back. Sometimes they don't. My other bike is a Ducati 900SS (I wave from that too when poss). I understand why sometimes people on sportsbikes can't wave back. I waved at some 1%ers a while ago (Satans Slaves I think) - they waved back. I don't get riled at all if people don't wave back - its up to them - but I like acknowledging a shared perspective which, whatever kind of riding you do, is pretty different from the one you have inside a cage...

I usually wave at most riders, but never the "Biker" wave that seems to be the rage now. Nita is usually behind me, and left hand down low is a hand signal...means I'm slowing down...getting off the throttle but not necessarily hitting the brakes. When she's in front she signals a slow-down to me the same way. Cages behind us usually respect it, too, as that was a hand signal way before it was a "Bikers" wave". When I wave it's the "Peace"sign just barely off the grip.
Respects,
Bob

Back