free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I give the wave to all who wave to me but I have noticed when I ride my Harley all riders wave back but when I ride my Sport bike Harley riders
rarely wave back .

I give the wave to all who wave to me but I have noticed when I ride my Harley all riders wave back but when I ride my Sport bike Harley riders
rarely wave back .

I know! That's what I'm sayin'!!!! I love Harley's of course but I always wave at Sport Bikes too. So often Harley guys don't wave they just STARE.... What are they thinking I wonder?........... Sport guys consistently, always either "nod" or "wave". hmmmmmmm Harley folks - it's a crap shoot - about a 50/50 chance. Maybe we're too relaxed, "cruisin" " that we don't respond quick enough? It's nice to hear from so many on this site who DO WAVE! Let's get on our bikes and get off these computers and out there and make the "odds better" LOL! :small3d026:

Actually I remember reading a story by a moto-journalist, think her name was Jamie Evridge when she started riding in 1989 or so, which solidified my reason for waving (always have since 1980). She was only 1 month or so into riding a small displacement metric, and got caught in the rain without wet weather gear. Cold and wet and cursing to herself how misirable the ride was and almost ready to quit riding motorcycles altogether...when suddenly going the other direction another motorcyclist waved to her. Suddenly she felt better and got the boost she needed to complete the ride with actually a smile on her face. She is now writing for Cruiser (variant of Motorcylist magazine) and probably does not even remember who it was that waved, but it probably was me, or someone like me who rode everyday as my main transportation, so if I can make just one fellow 2 wheeled rider feel better I will do it without question ...'nuff said :57:

:rider This is such a perfect point! When it comes down to it.... what's the point? The point is that we're all "in the same boat". At some point we've had hurdles to jump at some level, and a simple "friendly wave" can encourage someone, help someone feel that they're not alone, or remind us most importantly that THIS IS FUN! Relax! Let's share some asphalt! So I'll stick those two fingers down, give a nod, or stick a knee out and wish somebody well with one simple gesture. Otherwise... what's the point? :a !
"Shiny Side UP!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wave to everyone. Why not? It costs nothing and goes a long way toward promoting friendship and good feelings among all riders. If I see someone pulled over on the side of the road with problems, it makes little difference if they are riding American iron or Asian metric, I will try to provide assistance.
I have yet to hear anyone tell me, "Hey, old man, I don't need your help".

I wave when I can, nod when I can't, and sometimes I miss a few. But, I for one will never dis a scooter rider, I've seen some of these guys out when it was 12* or torrential rain; they have my respect. I can't say that for me, I'm a fair weather rider & I don't care. :D I spent many Sunday afternoons lined up on a starting line on a bicycle to peddle in the rain for the next 3 hours. Had my share of that. :s

Back