free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I do usually the 2 finger down wave to all when it is safe to do so. Sometimes it can be a chore when dealing with a lotta bikers.

Two weeks ago while directing a couple on a S metric to motorcycle parking I noticed they were both wearing HD jackets. I chastised them. I seems he traded in the HD and still had the jackets. Then later in the day the male approached me and asked if anyone on the park had found an S motorcycle key. I checked and it was a not. Still later I saw the female of the duo and asked if they had found the key? She said no and this. "Serves him right for buying THAT bike".

Later after work while on my FB I saw them leaving and I didn't wave.....It would be heresy.

:bigsmiley22:

RR

Have to say, when I rode the metric, in the day (80's and 90's) I got your response 50% HD and almost always from sportriders & metric cruisers. But now, when I ride the Harley it is more like 90% HD & sportriders/metric cruisers combined. I guess it is the area where you are at...just my super-un-scientific observation.

Detoured through Orange and L.A. counties on my way back from Sturgis. No waves of any kind there. Waves began once I reached Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. So, have to agree that it's area related.

Those of us who have been riding as long as I will remember the evolution of the wave.....when I rode back in the late 60's, early 70's, often the wave was a "fist up", done left-handed, of course, kind of similar to the "Black Power" salute that was prevalent then. (And I think initiated by the Black Panthers.)

That was the wave when I started riding. my first bike 1970 450 ducati.
I will wave at any biker it doesnt matter what they ride , just get out and ride. :D

pops

I wave at all bikes as long as my hands are not working clutch and brake then i nod my head.Everybody is good about it around here.

I wave to all on bikes and most wave back (less so from crotch rocketers). Have always waved with all fingers out, but relaxed. Have never heard of the two fingers down, but have probably seen it a million times. I gotta get with the times I guess. At least I'm not stickin' my fist in the air-ha!

Wave to all riders. The majority of sport bike riders wave back, unless their traveling at light speeds. The most appreciative are the pre-licence aged kids riding in the ditches. Gotta be kind to the future generation of riders.
When I rode a Goldwing, the 'hard core' biker types never returned a wave. Thought it had to do with my ride. Now on the Harley, they still don't return the wave; now I just figure their snobs.

Back