free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

Why not? They are still motorcyclists!

I've seen a few similar threads on other sites with, lets call them, tough guy biker types.

"I don't wave at people I don't know, why would I wave at you?" seems to be the attitude.

People think that I am stuck up when I dont wave but the truth is that I am not good enough to ride with one hand and by the time that I have enough nerve to take that one hand off to wave they have done passed me up.:bigsmiley20:

Thats okay, a simple nod is usually suffiicient enough that the other rider does the same.

I generally wave to everyone and I get almost 100% response from v-twin riders and it's hit and miss on the sport bikes. Although I must say that when I see a sport bike rider doing tricks on the highway I get irritated at them for their lack of respect for the safety of others on the road and it'll put me in a mood and I can't bring myself to acknowledge them at times.

I've seen a few similar threads on other sites with, lets call them, tough guy biker types.

"I don't wave at people I don't know, why would I wave at you?" seems to be the attitude.
I have a different way of looking at it but I think it is funny that people on boats and motorcycles for some reason have to wave at each other. I mean really, nobody waves in cars or on bicycles, it is just motorcycles and boats..Now don't get me wrong, I give the wave, but I really don't wave unless someone waves to me, because I just feel like a fool when when you "through the wave" and the other guy just ignores you and goes by with his nose in the air..Happens to me all the time. I cannot tell you how many times I come to a light and a guy pulls next to me on his cool bike and he never looks over, waves or nothing..

I have a different way of looking at it but I think it is funny that people on boats and motorcycles for some reason have to wave at each other. I mean really, nobody waves in cars or on bicycles, it is just motorcycles and boats..Now don't get me wrong, I give the wave, but I really don't wave unless someone waves to me, because I just feel like a fool when when you "through the wave" and the other guy just ignores you and goes by with his nose in the air..Happens to me all the time. I cannot tell you how many times I come to a light and a guy pulls next to me on his cool bike and he never looks over, waves or nothing..

Folks in cars do wave if they are driving specialty cars or rare cars or Corvettes (I'm told that many new Corvette owners don't wave at the owners of old corvettes).. I don't see the point in waving to every one on 2 wheels unless you happen to be particularly gregarious... which I'm not. I guess I wouldn't make a very good parade princess.

Sometimes I do, sometimes not. With as many bikes around here (its said the have the 2nd highest concentration of motorcycles in the US) I'd be waving constantly if I tried to wave at everyone. I just don't sweat it....

Here in italy there's an unwritten rule: scooters don't wave to each other and are not waved by bikers.

There are so many scooters around that it would be impossible to wave and keep a safe riding!

Thus, we vawe only among bikers, despite the brand of the bike.

But when I wave to an oncoming Harley... I notice a far warmer response! :)

Ciao
Ugo

Its the same in Spain.. no scooters.

Which, we should do something to change that, cause a lot of scooter
riders here are girls !

I just love looking at the girls on the back if I see a scooter two up.
Give them the ' you really want to be on the back this one, dontcha ;) '

I wave when I can, nod when I can't, and sometimes I miss a few. But, I for one will never dis a scooter rider, I've seen some of these guys out when it was 12* or torrential rain; they have my respect. I can't say that for me, I'm a fair weather rider & I don't care. :D I spent many Sunday afternoons lined up on a starting line on a bicycle to peddle in the rain for the next 3 hours. Had my share of that. :s

When I read your post, I had to laugh. When you read this, you have to sing it. :D

I wave when I can
Nod when I can't
And somtimes I miss a few

But I for one
Will never dis
a scooter rider or you. :bigsmiley20:

Back