free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

When I was out riding this weekend (Finally:D), every one of the metric riders waved and I bet only 50% of the HD riders did. What's up with that?!?

So much for Minnesota nice, unless you ride a metric I guess :bigsmiley31:

Have to say, when I rode the metric, in the day (80's and 90's) I got your response 50% HD and almost always from sportriders & metric cruisers. But now, when I ride the Harley it is more like 90% HD & sportriders/metric cruisers combined. I guess it is the area where you are at...just my super-un-scientific observation.

When safe i wave at them all. I do notice that outside the city of Seattle bikers wave more than in the city.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do the biker wave to all bike riders and passengers. I guess I'm just a friendly guy. I am a lot more relaxed than I used to be...................but I am retired now so maybe that's the reason. The stress from the job is gone now.
:small3d026:

I wave at any type of bike as long as my hands are not busy with the clutch and brake. In which case I will give the ol' head nod.

I wave at all of them who are out on 2 wheels regardless of the make or type of bike they are driving. If my hands are occupied doing their thing on the controles, I will nod.

Plus, it it ALWAYS makes me feel good to get a wave back, especially after a long day, during rain, with a hurting backside from riding too long. Gives me a good feeling!

I usually will do the "two finger down" wave to just about anyone that have their face in the wind. I don't bother much in town of course, but out on the open rode, it's all good.
Ugly John

My wife calls it the "low peace", and when I'm busy, she takes care of greeting our biker friends on the road.

If I'm where I can wave safely I will. If my wife is on the back she does. I don't pay much attention as to whether the other rider waves back, except in town. Most of the little guys on bicycles actually stop and wave. Some have even tried to race me down the street. I admit, a few have even won.

If I'm where I can wave safely I will. If my wife is on the back she does. I don't pay much attention as to whether the other rider waves back, except in town. Most of the little guys on bicycles actually stop and wave. Some have even tried to race me down the street. I admit, a few have even won.

That reminds me of a joke I must post.

Back