free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

In da wind is in da wind...if I have a problem on the road I don't care what you ride if you stop to help me out...would anyone turn down assistance from someone who rides a different brand....would have to be an idiot, I think....

I wave to all,some wave back and some don't. I stop to help all that look like they could use the contact,some take it some don't. I will always wave back and hope someone stops when I need help. It's a good "pass it on" kinda thang!

I always wave when I feel it's safe, except at rallys. When headed to
Laconia or Americade i usually stop after I meet the first string of 25 or so bikes.

However if I am on the twisties, even at low speed I usually don't, because last labor Day about 15 of us were headed south on 9n in Lake George and met two bikes, woman in front and man behind. He was too busy waving and looking at us that he didn't see her slow to turn into a driveway. Well you can guess the rest. Those of us on the end of the line spent a few very nervous moments dodging bits of chrome and metal sliding across the road. I hate it when you end a great day on the bike by directing traffic around a fallen rider.

Like so many others, I wave unless it's too dangerous, and i do stop if a fellow biker is on the side of the road. No hanky-tied-to-the-handlebar needed. I don't wave to the motorized scooters that hit hardly hit 35mph, and ride on the right shoulder of the road, with a helmet 3 sizes too big. But thats just me.

Sorry Mickster, I just put a new battery in a 50cc Scoot that I put up on our teardrop trailer when we travel, and took it out for a test ride...yep with Harley helmet, jacket and I still got a wave from a Harley rider, and yep I will still wave back. Foolish probably, but this little scoot gets up to 45mph and yeah it is green and looks like I am riding a Morphen Power Ranger with big slanted eyes and smile (the bike OR me wearing the helmet)...two wheels is still all good!

DSCN0418-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, that was you on PCH!:bigsmiley12: It's going to be a beautiful weekend. Maybe we'll see you at the R Store or Neptunes.

Back