free website stats program 99 roadking efi no start | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

99 roadking efi no start

I think it did have the bas because when I first bought it it would auto cancel the turn signals but it no longer works and I like it that way manual on off is good for me.

I am almost positive that back in 1999 they did not use BAS for turn signals. It was a distance/time formula triggered off the vehicle speed sensor. ( I am not really up to speed on the Magnetti Morelli system so not 100% sure)

On the Delphi system, a key re-cycle will reset the Tip Over BAS safety circuits. My guess is Mag Morelli would be the same IF your bike had those circuits. I am sure it is NOT like my Ford Mustang that has a button on top of the fuse box that manually has to be reset Manually in case of roll over or impact.

No button on the fuse panel, how do I pull the codes for a 1999 I tried to find it in the help section but can't seem to find it for that year?

I just looked at the parts breakdown (bike bandit) for a 99 flhr and it does have a BAS

It has BAS. I'll be darn... Interesting.

I wonder if it has the supporting firmware to kill the engine on Tip Over. It probably does.

Give this a try...

Glider, Have you seen this yet? I still don't know if it actually works.

To Clear Magnetti Morelli codes yourself.

Steps:
Disarm alarm if so equipped.
Run/Off switch to OFF
Ignition Key: ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON (and leave ON)

Press LEFT turn signal switch TWICE. Wait for 1 or 2 flashes..

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal will flash 1 time

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal flashes 2 times

Press RIGHT turn Signal switch ONCE => turn signals flash 3 times

Press LEFT turn signal switch ONCE. TROUBLE CODES WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED

TO CLEAR ANY CODES,,,=> PRESS & HOLD LEFT signal switch for 5 seconds. => turn
signal will now flash twice to confirm memory is clear.

Turn ignition OFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe one sign of the BAS going bad is that it fails in the TSM first
I saw a sporty that way once but it was carbed

Ok I tried it just like the directions kill switch off then "on-off-on-off-on and leave on but when I press the left turn signal twice it does nothing "no 1 or 2 flashes

Back