free website stats program 99 roadking efi no start | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

99 roadking efi no start

Fearless in a sense here is how your BAS works, see attachment.
When your bike is at a angle the BAS sends signal the coil and or the ecm like hitting your kill switch.
With out the BAS there is nothing to interfere with that.
The MOCO put it in as a safety device so if you happen to be sliding down the express way more bad things won't happen.
If you do remove the sensor shake it around and do the continuity test and its good I would plug it back in.

Glad we led you in the right direction.

Attachments

• BAS.jpg
    BAS.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
Biker, are you saying that the BAS on the early Mag Morelli bikes actually can not determine degrees of angle? I know that the later Delphi models know the difference between a "Tip Over" and just a slight turn signal lean.

It almost sounds like the early models are just a "Go- NoGo" tip over Safety switch only and do not actually work with the directional signal (slight lean).

it can and should work with the turn signals but like I said before when the mercury or ball bearing or whatever the vendor for the MOCO stuck in there starts to stick the thats why people have problems with turn signal canceling and no starts.

My guess right now if fearless does have turn signals and takes a right they are going to be flashing all the way home since he does not have the speedo in his dash to remind him that the turn signals are doing there thing.

Turn signals work just fine bike starts and runs just fine I do have the speedo in the dash I just unhooked the speedo sensor everything is fine and it is a useless part!!!!

Biker, are you saying that the BAS on the early Mag Morelli bikes actually can not determine degrees of angle? I know that the later Delphi models know the difference between a "Tip Over" and just a slight turn signal lean.

It almost sounds like the early models are just a "Go- NoGo" tip over Safety switch only and do not actually work with the directional signal (slight lean).

The magic number for the BAS is 45* tip before it activates.

Back