free website stats program 99 roadking efi no start | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

99 roadking efi no start

If it is toast is there a way to bypass it?
Will just leaving it unpluged bypass it as far as I 'm conserned it is not a needed item, it just causes problems?

I would really like to see a resolution to this and I know fearless would too. Is the BAS somehow a part of the turn signal system. Fearless does your bike have a security system?

I had an aftermarket security system on it but when I was eliminating problems today I took it off. I also had a aftermarket tuner for the efi and I took it off also so it would be back to stock.

I've only got the manual for my 05 with delphi, but it indicates that the BAS and turn signal mod. and security mod are all in the same package under the seat. It doesn't indicate any reset procedure. So if your system functions the same way righting the bike should have reset it. I would think that because you have no spark something is broken inside the mod. I have no idea how you would bypass it to see if it is the problem. I'm hoping someone on the forum can shed some light on the solution.

Just a thought, have you already disconnected the battery for a while and then re-connected it? Maybe everything will reset. Easy thing to do and if it doesn't work, you've only wasted fifteen minutes of your life.

OK here's the scoop anyone with this old of a system if it ever happens to you just unplug the wires from the BAS and start the bike and ride home I wish I would have known but it is as simple as that. Thank you all for the help if it wasen't for all of you I would have never figured it out.:worthy

OK here's the scoop anyone with this old of a system if it ever happens to you just unplug the wires from the BAS and start the bike and ride home I wish I would have known but it is as simple as that. Thank you all for the help if it wasen't for all of you I would have never figured it out.:worthy

Did disconnecting the BAS also disable your turn signals?

Back