free website stats program 99 roadking efi no start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

99 roadking efi no start

No Spark! The Magic 8-Ball has let me down.

The 1999 is Magnetti Morelli system is a little before my time and may be different than the Delphi.
During "Tip Over" on Delphi BOTH fuel and spark are inhibited. My guess would be that Mag Morelli would be the same because it just makes plain sense.

Do you have a Genuine Service Manual for this bike and do you have the means to up-load a few pages. Having no speedo does make it a little harder.

Something is inhibiting both spark & fuel. (I also bet fuel is not pumping)

10/4... O-Magic 8 Ball, will Fearless have spark?
Magic 8 Ball knows ALL. Magic 8 Ball says Fearless will indeed have spark.:)

What do you say BikerFishman, Will Fearless have spark?

Looks like the ol 8 ball needs to be recharged. My question is could a slight jar like happened cause the BAS to fail or come undone?

I have a clamers manual and I can scan and upload

Plugs looked dry

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it is for your exact year and model that will work. A couple of pages that show fuel injectors, ECM, TSSM, Ignition module, fuel pump, ignition key, and the bulk of the fuses.

1) Just have to ask. You did check the fuses to make sure they are secure and not blown.

2) Would you have the speedo just to plug in if we wanted to?

Looks like the ol 8 ball needs to be recharged. My question is could a slight jar like happened cause the BAS to fail or come undone?

Don, I am not even SURE if they had "Tip Over" back in 1999. I wonder if that came about with the on-set of Delphi.. I don't really know for sure.

Back