free website stats program Your Bike Model | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

My first Harley was a 2004 Fatboy. I had to sell it due to job instability and knowing we'd have to relocate. After listening to my nonstop whining about not having a bike for two years, my wife finally said I could get another Harley. She went shopping with me and pointed to an Electra Glide with a tour pack and said "I want a passenger seat like that". That sent me on a quest to find the best deal I could find on a preowned Electra Glide... When momma's happy, I'm happy! :)

I'm now working on convincing her that "we" need a Road Glide Ultra.
WAP.gif

rockerz I met a guy witha FXR at a bike nite, and as he put it..." if I had to get rid of one bike, I would sell my Road King, cause I can always get another one"
I really think the best thing is to keep both, for now. The sound of that carb'd EVO on the FXR would be hard to let go of, but that RK is so smooth out on the road... I'll worry about this later.

For me it was the looks , i knew the Night Trian wasn't made for riding 500 miles a day, maybe when I was 25 , I told myself I didn't want a touring bike because that wasn't what I was going to do . I still love my soft tail and will probably never get ride of it but I have to admit one thing . When I rode a street glide at dealer demo days wow ! They are like riding on air even with the stock seat I can see why guys can ride all day but I'm still happy with my choice because the 1st year they came out which was 99 I said I'm going to buy one some day .

I started in 1968 with a '68XLCH, looks, sound and speed, moved up to an '82 low rider, better ride. In 1991 a guy I knew bought an flhtc and let me ride it, I was sold, went out and bought a '92flhtc when the new models came out.
In 2001 my wife and I went to the local H-D dealer she saw a Road King and said "we are buying the Road King", after 38 years of marriage I knew better than to ignore her wishes, so we rode home on the RK.
In 2006 I managed to convince her to get another flhtc for long trips, and keep the RK for the short rides.
I like the look, feel, sound of any H-D just these two a bit more.

Purchased a Red FLD Swithback in August. Ran FXS Shovel's and a few EVO Dressers before. This is my first TC and I love it.

Purchased a Red FLD Swithback in August. Ran FXS Shovel's and a few EVO Dressers before. This is my first TC and I love it.

Nice bike, I saw one in red, reminded me of a Roadking:s

Started riding dirt and cross overs when I was 7. ued to "borrow" dad's Honda CB750 when he was at work and get into all kinds of mischief. Got married and had kids so quit the motorcycles for a while. Fell into a good deal with an 83 Honda Goldwing Aspencade GL and kept her and the wife happy for 15 years. rode a buddies mid 90's ultra and the thing vibrated like an old NFL scoot football game board. In 07 rode a buddies 06 Softail Classic and fell in love, fit me like a glove, very sweet comfy ride, no vibration. Wife let me sell the wing and I found a beautiful 08 Softail Classic and have not looked back.

i started out with all yamaha's...175cc,650cc,1200cc...my 85 venture was
getting old and i thought it was time to up-grade.i wanted a touring bike
but did not know what it was called in the harley lingo.after doing research
on line and learning the lingo,i new what i wanted and started looking for it
and found it at duluth harley,made the deal,trailered home,and the rest is history.the wife likes it (good thing!!).
and a special thanks to all on this web site,for the great info,great posts,
and every thing else!!!!!
thanks again!!!!

I have been riding 44 years now , most of those spent moving through many different brands ( most Metric) One sportster in the late 70's . Have owned all the big tourers from Yamaha , Kawasaki, and Honda .
Last year due to tired knees I put my GL1800 for sale . A buyer approched me with A 2003 RK and I took it on trade with intentions of selling .
I put it on the market and started riding it at the same time . The first thing I found was it felt much lighter at low speeds . Short of the story is 14 months and 14000 miles later still riding it .

Maybe an Ultra Classic next

Been riding since I was 10, my dad bought me my first dirt bike and have owned almost every brand made throught the years and have been Harley the last 15 years. put on about 20k a year and currently on a 2011 Road Glide Ultra.

Back