free website stats program Your Bike Model | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

glider

Veteran Member
Tell us why you bought the particular model Harley that you bought, was it comfort or just looks that made you decide?

I been riding a Spyder for 3+ years, Bikes for 35+ I finally got tired of all the downtime with the Spyder, And i wanted to stay on 3 wheels, So one day i stopped at a Harley dealer [Baer in Pa.] and they made me a deal on a new TG that i couldn't refuse, So far it was a good move.
I've always wanted to buy a Harley but after talking to a few dealers in my area over the years i just didn't feel comfortable buying from any of them, Until Baer.

I've always liked the big Harley, and after health problems and being 56 yrs old I figure it was time for me to do what I've always wanted to do and that was to learn to ride a motorcycle. took the MSF course and bought a Yamaha v-Star 650. After a year, I realize it was time to take the plunge and get what I always wanted and that was a big Harley. Went to a dealership and looked at the bikes and saw a 2008 vivid black flht. Got to say, I was very intimidated by the size of it, but loved the way it looked. After 3 1/2 years and 30,000 miles later, I still get excited looking at it and riding it every chance i get.

I'm 62. I can still recall , in vivid detail, being 10 years old and my dad taking me to his friend's house to see his 'Full Dress' Harley. I can still see that big man standing on the kickstand and with one pump, that big old, Red and White Harley coming to life. The sound, the vibration, and the smell of that Harley running is still in my head and my nostrils. I wanted one of those monsters from that moment. It only took me until I was 58 to own one. It took me over a year to not be intimidated by it. ( after the first week or so with it, I almost decided to sell it because it felt just too much for my 5'7'' size...So glad I didn't sell.)
I watched 'ride like a pro' over and over..practiced a lot in parking lots. I'm no longer intimidated by it although, always aware that I must not make a mistake. I dropped it three times in the first three years..This past season was a total success.
In short, it is/was the motorcycle I always wanted.

I have a few bikes.
-I bought the ultra because my wife loves to ride with me and we put lots of miles on. It handles and looks great. I had another brand touring bike before but I found it to heavy and awkward to manuever. The ultra seems a couple of hundred pounds lighter.
-I have a chopper I built from the ground up. Don't ride it much, built it because I love to fabricate.
-I bought an '87 Sportster 883 with a 1200 kit, bought it to fix up as it was a basket case. It is a hoot to ride and goes like a scalded cat!
-Just bought a '99 softail standard, got it cheap. Looks great, it will be my commuter in the summer. I love 90's softails!

I bought my sportster because i thought it looked really good
Wifes sportster because she wanted to ride mine and i got a great price mid November
softail it was available and at a price i could afford just (cheap)
Dyna the wife wanted it because she liked the colour sold her sportster to get enough money

Brian

I really wanted to get into a touring model like a king or street glide but my finances at the time didn't allow it. I'm not a fan of making big payments and was able to pay cash for the bike I have now. My super glide fits me well and does everything I want it to do, and since I dont have any payments I can continue to save for the bike I really want!

Another reason for my decision is I hadn't ridden in about 8 years and I wanted to get back on the road for a few years on an older less expensive model before I dropped 20k on a bike.

I bought my '92 Dyna (in '93) because of price. I wanted a FXR, but couldn't find a deal. I love the Dyna, but still wish it was a FXR.

I bought the mongrel hardtail Shovel, because it was a "hardtail Shovel" and was a bargain. Found out I don't care to ride a rigid, kick only bike more than a few miles a couple times a year.

I bought the Electra Glide because I'm at that part of life that I want comfort and tunes and lots of room to carry all my "just in case" stuff.

Back