free website stats program Your Bike Model | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

I went back and forth between buying a Road King Classic or a Heritage Softail. The Road King won out in the end, for a few reasons. Got a good deal for one, but I also wanted an Evo and it had to be rubber mounted, so the Softail lost. Plus I like the frame design and rear suspension better on the RK, its a lot like my FXR, which it a great bike. By the way, someone needs to talk me out of selling the FXR come spring. I know I'll be sorry.

By the way, someone needs to talk me out of selling the FXR come spring. I know I'll be sorry.

Well you just answered your question about selling FXR. :s You will be sorry and unable to replace the FXR for double what you have in it.....:(

You're right about answering my own question, but I have a history of not listening to myself. ha! I do love that bike, I just probably wont be riding it near as much as the RK. But it does look good in the stable.

I bought my first HD in 2009, FXDF. Love the bike, but started going on longer rides and wasn't condusive to the longer riding I wanted to start doing.

So, this past July a black, 2011 FLHTK caught my eye. After a few trips into the dealer for various other items and chapter meetings, she was still talking to me. One day I was talking to the sales manager, who is a friend, and the bike came up. Next thing I know he is knocking a bunch of money off the sticker and the rest is history. I love my new Ultra Limited! :D

Now the Dyna sits more than I like and the wife is not really taken to riding. So the bike will probably go up for sale in a month or so. I don't really want to sell my first Harley, but she is not meant to sit and it isn't too practical for me to keep both.

This is my first RG and I decided to go with the U. My initial attraction was the looks and the recent test rides sold me. I was amazed at how well the bike felt and handles for the size it is. The techno. advancements and engine improvements from old, are right up my alley. Coming from a touring BMW owner/rider for many years past, it did not take me long to convert, and glad I did.:thanks

Had a 2005 Sportster 1200XL Custom for three years. Just purchased a 2012 Heritage Softail Classic last month....it was between the softail and the Street Glide, Softail won out in the end due to style and price point! Couldn't be happier!

Heritage

Old school looks, comfort, stability (5'9"), versatility (dressed/undressed) hey- talking about the bike...... I've always loved old Hydra Glides. Kind of reminds me of them.

Attachments

• hydraglide.jpg
    hydraglide.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 30
  • heritage.jpg
    heritage.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 28
rockerz I met a guy witha FXR at a bike nite, and as he put it..." if I had to get rid of one bike, I would sell my Road King, cause I can always get another one"

I bought a new Road Glide Ultra beause I wanted a new touring bike for long two up vacations and my wife likes it too. features like the Intercom, CB (great for group rides) cruise, stereo, luggage capaity and the nice 1103 motor are great. I prefer the frame mounted RG fairing to the heavy attached to the handlebars EG fairing. After the test ride, I couldn't buy it fast enough. A couple grand in accessories and it's just how I want it.

Back