free website stats program Your Bike Model | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

I went to the local dealer thinking I wanted a Road King Classic because to me they just look like a Harley should.

I sat on one and it just didn't seem to fit me. Great bike but it just didn't speak to me.

I sat on the Wide Glide, closed my eyes and held out my hands and they were right on the grips. I just seemed to fit me and still does. It had just enough chrome to look good and the forward controls were just where my feet wanted to be. I haven't changed anything other than foot pegs and adding a sissy bar and it still does everything I want it to do.

I sometimes wish I had a bagger but I cannot afford two bikes and I just don't think I could let go of my Wide Glide.

I just bought my first bike in quite some time . . .my last one was a Honda 450SL . . . this one is a black H-D FXDC . . . It just seemed to fit me . . I had initially thought that I was going to get a larger bike - but this seemed to fit me. I sat on it and it just .... worked! And the price was right too!

Mark

I just bought my first bike in quite some time . . .my last one was a Honda 450SL . . . this one is a black H-D FXDC . . . It just seemed to fit me . . I had initially thought that I was going to get a larger bike - but this seemed to fit me. I sat on it and it just .... worked! And the price was right too!

Mark

Welcome to The World Of Harleys, Black is good:s

Had rode a Honda 1300VTX for several years and then took a test ride on an Ultra, enough said. Loved the ride and all the extras.:D:D:D

I am a bit older at 68, although still extremely good looking, so I don't do long tours anymore and didn't want the height and weight of a touring bike.
The first time I sat on a Heritage I knew it was for me. The seat height is perfect, I like the bit firmer ride it gives and the 100 lbs or so less weight to lug around is very noticeable.
I can still comfortably put 150 to 200 miles on it in a day which is more than enough for me and I really like the way the bike looks.

I R happy.:D

Started on Brit bikes in the 60s. My first Harley was a Sportster Ironhead, next came a heritage Softail and now I'm on a Road Glide, once called the best kept secret in the Harley line up.

OK, who let the cat out of the bag? The number of Road Glide converts is growing by leaps and bounds each year. It must be because the basic bike can be configured for touring cruising or as a great looking custom. It looks good in modern style or retro and is comfortable for all day touring on the highway or back roads.

Do I love my Road Glide, you betcha!:bigsmiley16::bigsmiley16::bigsmiley16:

Electra Glide Ultra Classic, because my wife sugguested we buy a bike the we could enjoy together. We traded in an older soft tail that was just a bit too small for the two of us. We bought the gently used Ultra (8 years old at the time) because the price for new was more than we were willing and able to muster. We love the bike and spent every chance we can out on the road. You gotta love a woman that says "let go for a ride".

When I was a kid my father had a 65 full dresser and i wanted a HD for years. It was not until I was 43 that I got the chance to own one. Tried several different models but being 5'8" the only model that did not make me feel like I was sitting bareback on an elephant was the Sportster. So in Sept 08 I walked into Orlando HD and rode out on a new 1200 Custom and have been happy ever since.

I have a 1983 Honda 250 that I learned to ride on. In 2009, I knew I was ready to move up but not really sure what I wanted. I just knew it had to be a red sparkly Harley.:D After looking at a lot of bikes in a lot of dealers(some nice dealers, some not so much), I found one I might really like(and with a dealer I liked). I sat on it and checked it out and asked questions. But it wasn't red. It was sparkly purple. I walked away from it just as another customer came up and started checking it out. At that point, I knew that bike was mine, because I didn't want anyone else looking at it. I am now the proud owner of a 2009 XL1200C Harley Sportster. I love it more every time I ride it!

Back