free website stats program Your Bike Model | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

I rode my friends fatboy a few times and loved it, I always rode dirtbikes growing up ,swore I would never get a street bike, to many things to worry about ( the trees and rocks don't pull out in front of you in the trails) but liked the fatboy and my wife said "why don't you get one of your own", nuff said! So I looked and looked, found a 2000 flhtpi.( the first one I looked at) I wanted something I could ride that was comfy yet functional, ( go to the store for stuff, milk and bread fit nicely in saddlebags) and boughter up. Took the MSF course and got my license, been a little over a year now and love it. Have to have your head on a swivel though and always think the cager is gonna do the wrong thing, but theres just nothing like being out on the bike, its Awesome!! I found this website kinda by accident, the people and info are great, had a couple questions a few months ago, posted them and got replies right away, great people, forums and info.

Ride safe:)

I have a 01 Roadking with 89,000 on it, the best bike I have ever owned.I'm 65 and got first bike for 6th b-day. Been riding for about 58 or 59 years.had a few bikes but roadking is the best for me.Can't picture me without a bike.Ride safe all.:D

2009 FLSTC I have owned many bikes over the years...Metrics and a few Harleys...So far this is my favorite...The only problem is I work full time and don't spend as much time on it as I would like to on it.

Tell us why you bought the particular model Harley that you bought, was it comfort or just looks that made you decide?[/QUOTE]

Sportster 1200C; Very nimble on the narrow twisty mountain roads were I'm from & its fine for Missus & me on the short 2 up trips. Also, wider front end & 16 inch front wheel looks good. Plenty grunt too whrn you want it.:s

Tell us why you bought the particular model Harley that you bought, was it comfort or just looks that made you decide?

Ultra Classic:

Reason #1) Well, cuz I ride in rain and cold weather I carry lots of gear so my little piddy's don't get wet or cold.

Reason #2) My wifes purse is like a small suitcase and the trunk is the only thing it will fit in when see rides with me.:tounge:D

Back