free website stats program You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike?

I carry a small took kit, leatherman and a quart of oil. I have never needed any of them but they make me feel better.

All the items mensioned are nice to have with you, I found from my lastest road trip that wire ties came in handy, My buddies left handlebar grip came off. the glue came loose so we used wire ties to hold it on, on the side of the road between towns. 1/4" X 6 ft hose for fuel is also nice to have with ya. My buddies 96 bad boy had a 4 gallon gas tank I have a 5 gallon tank. the Bad Boy needed fuel before me the hold trip.

All of thr above is good except Fix A Flat. I would never put this in a Motorcycle tire.
I beleive that the MFG does not recomend it in Motorcycle tires.

I carry;
1) the harley tool pack that came with the bike
2) a few hefty garbage bags
3) hand-crank flash light
4) zip tie's, roll of electrical tape
5) a quart of oil, and an extra hose and clamp for my oil cooler

So far, the hefty garbage bag is the only thing I've needed to use...
I used it as a temporary rain coat during an Oregon coast, summertime downpour. The weather was so nice when I left home that I left my leathers at home. Big mistake!!!

6) I now keep my leathers in the side bags too

I carry the small tool kit that came with my ultra, plus small flashlight, adjustable wrench, electrical tape, plastic ties, and an air pump for my shocks.

Last edited:
Another important tool to have is your cell phone and the numbers of some of your buddies in it!!! I'be been helped out by my friends more times than I can count.

All the above, plus a Radio Shack mini multi meter, about the size of a credit card and 1/4" thick. Cost less than $20, and has been used as much as anything in my kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the zip ties. Had one screw work itself loose and out on my Baker air wings while south of Las Vegas on my way to Sturgis. Stopped at the Bass Pro Shop in Vegas (wonderful store to wander around in - waterfalls, fish ponds, etc.) and picked up a pack of zip-ties in the marine department. Zip-tied the bracket where the screw fell out and the other brackets in case their screws loosened up. Simple repair but held for the remaining 4,000 miles of the trip.

Back