free website stats program You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike?

So where do you park the trailer when fueling up?

Hah! NO trailer but I dont think I mentioned the flash light and soft sided first aid kit as well as spare ear plugs, sunglasses and some sun block. Always in the right side bag, never leaves the bike. Ive had reason to repair things more times than I care to remember...had to safety wire my shifter back together in Kentucky once, that got me back to PA and I didnt bother to fix it for another month or so after that :D Then there was the bad speedo sensor in North Carolina...nails in the tire, headlight bulb out, etc, etc....other riders bikes too, some days I wished I had a trailer believe me LOL

Digital volt meter - wire ties - flashlight - rags - electrical tape - tire plug kit - small Campbell Hausfeld air pump - select wrenches - slotted / philips screwdrivers - 1/4" ratchet w/ sockets & torx - needle nose pliers - vice grip needle nose pliers - - gas siphon tool - cash - credit card - cell phone - AAA RV plan -

I can see right now most of you travel alone. After my wife gets all her undes and overs packed there is hardly room for me a extra pair of undershorts.

Years ago when you could actually fix things on the road; a bike was just two wheels, engine, fuel tank and handle bars, I carried a good tool kit. But in the past two years every time someone's bike quit, it needed a shop with computer to diagnose and fix. The EFI is so fussy that even if you know what is wrong it won't let you fix it or let the bike run if you try... If it in newer than 2000, and fixing needs more than duct tape and zip ties you will end up getting it hauled.

The "fix a flat" is a brilliant idea. Never thought of that. Any type will do or is there one made specifically for motorcycles ?

I have a cell phone and credit card. I do all my own maintance and as others have said if by chance the bike would quit more and likely it would be electrical or a flat. In 25 years riding, I have had 2 tows both on metric bikes with tool kits and would not have been able to repair on the side of the rode. But for those that carry tools and etc., peace of mind is priceless.

I carry a lot of tools including my shock adjuster tool and an air pressure gage. I also carry a frist aid kit.

I carry nearly all the above in the hard bag, and I carry a spare brake light, plus a digital tire pressure gauge, and the HD hand pump for the air shocks. The cellphone and extra key goes in my leather jacket or pocket.

Back