free website stats program You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

You carry tools, extra parts, etc...on your bike?

Tool Kit , Mini Mag lite ,qt of oil and screw on funnel, main fuse and fuse kit a cheep little chinese mini compressor that plug in to my cig liter and a tire plug kit. Ive used that compressor and plug 2 times now helping other people on bikes with flats and let me tell you how happy they were that I just happen by , I really reccomend having this ,I keep it in my saddle bag at all times.

Just curious as too if the mini compressors that folks use drain the battery? Do you run the bike while using the compressor? Will the HD 12v power outlet handle the draw or will it smoke it?

thx,

Bodeen

Anytime I have used an accesory that draws anything more then a cel. phone charger I run the bike.No it won't hurt the 12v. outlet.If you put too much draw on it the fuse will blow.

I found that the tool kit that came with the ultra was a little chinese , I bought a cruz tool kit and feel more comfortable with it , also i carry a 11/16 wrench to adjust the clutch and a small compressor , yes I feel it is wise to run the bike when running the 12v compressor , also a set of plugs , tow rope , booster cables , air pressure gauge many rags and a can of neverdul and a micro fibre , also a chamise....I find i use all this stuff basically on other bikes on the road but everything has come in handy

besides the tool kit that came in my eg i have a 3/8 rachet,socket set,allen socket set,toxs socketset and assoted wrenches. but after reading smitty901 reply iam also going to carry a spare cank shaft sensor.

Allen keys and torx as well. A few assorted open end wrenches, a pair of needle nose pliers, a pair of vise grip pliers, a multi tool, safety wire, paper towels, 2 rags, some wire ties, electrical tape, a spare headlight, turn signal and brake lamp. Tire plugs and installation tools.

Cell phone, ez pass and a credit card :D

Sam

So where do you park the trailer when fueling up?

Hey, I have a Sportster and somehow manage to fit it all into a small leather tool bag rolled up in a canvas work apron...

Doug, being an Ultra man...who needs a trailer?...although it is a VERY nice option, ask Hobbit for details! :D

I keep seeing "...tool kit that came with the bike". Apparently they must be some really high-quality tools as the previous owner decided to keep his. Oh well...I'll just have to make my own. Ok, guys...a little help here. What's in a standard HD tool kit for an '07 Ultra?

I found that the tool kit that came with the ultra was a little chinese , I bought a cruz tool kit and feel more comfortable with it , also i carry a 11/16 wrench to adjust the clutch and a small compressor , yes I feel it is wise to run the bike when running the 12v compressor , also a set of plugs , tow rope , booster cables , air pressure gauge many rags and a can of neverdul and a micro fibre , also a chamise....I find i use all this stuff basically on other bikes on the road but everything has come in handy

Chamise? Hope your gal fits in it...ohh Chamois got it! :small3d015:

I keep a small Cruz tool kit and an HD 8 in 1 screw driver in the saddle bag always. I carry a flat repair kit on trips also.

I also keep a small first aid kit and a couple bottles of water in the bags. Never know if it will be the bike or a rider needing the fixing.

So where do you park the trailer when fueling up?

I'm with you on that. I thought I carried too much stuff until I started to read this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back