free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

Kansasjase & Marcus22 pretty much summed up the way that I feel. If I could add one more thing, it is a great stress reliever for me. Five minutes on the bike after work and I forget about the workday altogether! :D

Last edited:
When I was a young boy my father had a friend from work that rode a hog.
I dont know what model it was but I thought it was a chopper and new it was a Harley and that he was the coolest, toughest guy I had ever seen, a major part of that image was his motorcycle. I knew right then I would ride and that nothing but a Harley Davidson would do. Even painted it on my bicycle. I have been riding for 30 yrs now and all I have owned is Harley Davidson motorcycles.

RacerX

I don't own "a" Harley Davidson. I own 2 Harley Davidsons but would be happier with 3 or more of the lovely machines that they indeed are.
WAP.gif

dude, I thought the same thing. ive got three and eyeballing the fourth. its an addiction. I really love the classics. figure they are better off in my garage than anywhere else. but of all the addictions you can have this is the best.

I have been a Harley fan since I young. My uncle showed up at our house with one. We were a Honda family. The sound and look of that Electra Glide was awesome! I wanted one for as long as I can remember. I took me until I was 44 to get mine. I have had it for 15 months and I love it I just rode 250 miles around Mt. Rainier yesterday with three people I had never met before. Never had that with the other bikes. Harley life is good!

Well, I have ridded Honda's and Yamaha's most of my life. Went to the Metric dealer where I have bought 10 other bikes and wanted to ride the new 1800 VTX. Told him if I liked it, I was taking it home. After several back and forth comments about paperwork before test ride, I left, quite unhappy to say the least. Went to the HD dealer and asked if they had any bikes a guy could take for a test ride. Dude was all laid back on a new Heritage Classic with feet resting on the handlebars. Said calmly, Man which one you want to ride? I said that Heritage you are sitting on, after all it is the one I wanted and the right color too. He copied my license and rolled outside. Looked in the tank and asked where I was going. I said for a test ride! He said, well you have a half a tank, and we close at 7!

I left on the test ride and expected a harsh, vibration filled ride, kinda like getting on a tractor after riding in your F150. Well, it wasn't there at all! This thing was smoother than my Shadow Sabre! I couldn't believe this bike! I fell in Love with HD within about 10 miles. Back to the dealer and rode my new Heritage home. Never looked back!

I plan on keeping this bike forever. I will add to the garage, but never exchange, this Heritage is MINE!

Do I need my 475 HP 1969 4-speed Dodge Charger? No...but its a blast to drive.
Do I need my 2010 black FatBoy? No...but its a blast to ride.
As said before, theres just something about a Harley, and the Harley family.
wilks3

To me harley has the looks, the comfort, the sound and the cool factor is way up there. And I need lots of cool factor. I road several different makes and models. For me the heritage put on the biggest smile.

Back