free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

Hmmmm, well most of us owned metrics prior to a Harley. Always wanted a Harley, just couldn't afford it. Kids, wives, houses, etc.... Got a little older, bought an older one, learned how to work on it. Wouldn't go back, can't really explain it. Looks great, sounds great, feels great. And wow do women like em. (I know its not me:D).

Let me also add that as you own your Harley, you and the bike seem to become as one. I feel as though the bike is part of me and I am part of the bike.We work together and that feeling CAN'T be duplicated by any other brand of motorcycle. I've had quite a few other brands and really didn't buy into to the mystique of HD, until I fell in love with the look of the Street Glide. It gets to you--it gets into your soul. And that is a great feeling!:D:D:D

What else American made can give sooooo much fun and have soooo many parts begging to be added?:p

Presently I don't own a Harley Davidson motorcycle. My last Harley was a 2005 Ultra classic. In 2008, I changed back to my previously joy motorcycle the Honda Goldwing. My purpose was to return to the quite sound and luxury ride of the Goldwing. Now with a few years past, I'm starting to really see clearly why I purchased the Harley in the first place. Harley Davidson has now created a world of entertainment larger than the motorcycle itself. Riders across all racial lines are excepted only by the sound of their motors. Riders gather around the world in big and small towns on the weekend, just to enjoy the sound and view of the many styles of the Harley Davidson lineup of motorcycles. I see and enjoy the pleasure of riding with many couples and singles out on weekend rides. I see the joy in the eyes of many kids who are able to ride with their fathers on weekend. Often the only time kids can get one on one with their fathers. I see the women shop endlessly for motorcycle gear with the Harley Davidson logo. One sees the pride of ownership with the many accents pieces added with no real purpose but the shine. I think of the many friends that have only come about because of the Harley Davidson motorcycle. Harley Davidson owners sponsor more events across the country than any other social group. The Harley Davidson family will extend a arm, nod a head or stop with aid only by the sound of your engine. Now, I didn't even talk about the motorcycle looks or the fact its American made. Do I need to say more? I'm looking to get the 2010 Ultra Classic Limited.
That is a little deep, my answer is there should be no explanation for riding a Harley, I just think it is natural instinct.

The sound, the look. I've never heard anyone say anything other than Harley when talking about the sound or look. The one to compare to, the Classic.

I've ridden Harleys since I got my first Sportster in 1971. I always felt that they were a real example of the American spirit, until I read the New York Times today. On the Economics page, there is a story about how, after reporting a record $71 million profit last quarter, Harley is going to lay off 1600 workers...just to increase their profits. (EDIT) the people who work for them, (EDIT) the working class people who have been their supporters for over 100 years - all that matters is putting a few more bucks in the hands of their management and stockholders. After almost 40 years and 11 different models, my '04 Road King is the last Harley I'll ever buy.

Language or a work around are not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

When I read the original posters comment and question I immediately thought well here is a marketing intern for the motor company.
So I am going with my instincts and going to give my true feelings on Harley Davidson’s new motorcycles and the dealerships that sell them.
First of all I own a 2008 street glide, I bought it last October and have put about 25,000 miles on it. It’s my main source of transportation and I do not drive cars or trucks.
Living in Seattle I consider that a big commitment to motorcycle ridding.
It’s my first twin cam but have owned many evo’s prior to this bike, and many more metrics decades ago.
Going back to the original question why do I ride HD?
Like many others the answer would be looks and sound, however the newer twin cams remind me a lot of metric bikes, the way they run sound and the components that make them what they are.
That I do not like.
Would I buy another?
No.
Why?
The dealerships.
Every time I have let myself go in one of those places I leave with a feeling of disgust, the majority of the people that work there don’t even ride motorcycle. The parts drawers are fancier than a jewelry store and customer service has been a thing of the past for a very long time.
And who pays for all these fancy dancy stores? Well we do of coarse.
For this reason I will build my own bagger next time I need a bike, S&S motor and after market every thing, no ECM, no ABS but style and originality.

I allso agree 100% with orogeny

I can't quote the article but a couple of years ago I read where the sale of Harley Logo clothing and accessories surpased the sale of motorcycles that past year. Like I said, it was a couple of years ago and that has changed now I am sure. I think people in general like feeling like they fit in and a Harley tee shirt or motorcycle makes you fit in.

Me, I ride because I like to ride. Being older now I don't ride like I used too but I still ride and enjoy it every time I am on it. I have met some of the unique people and some great friendly people when out on a motorcycle. t is like people just want to chat with you when you stop, no matter where you are. I love that.

I have owned many motorcycles in my day and owning a Harley has been the best decision I ever made. Great bike, lots of fun, many many miles of sun in the face and wind in the hair miles. Tradition is what it is all about. It just feels right.

The fun factor! Or to be a bit more in verbose mode:
- The ability to have fun at legal speeds
- The sound and good vibrations
- The look
- The endless possibilities offered to customize it
For me, these are all unique to the HD brand...

I don't own "a" Harley Davidson. I own 2 Harley Davidsons but would be happier with 3 or more of the lovely machines that they indeed are.
WAP.gif

Back