free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

I've had them since '76, I liked the old technology they used even then (virtually unchanged from the 30's). The new ones are nothing like that, which is for the good of todays travel. My old '78 can't be pounded 70mph for hours like my '01 but it sure is fun to ride and enjoy, it's a machine in the truest sense. It's the same as, you wouldn't take a 39 Chevy and run across I 80 in Nebraska @ 75 for a couple hours either. A lot of the other makes of new bikes seem to use more plastic than metal and for almost the same price. The "other guy's" accecsories and ad-ons are at least double the price of Harley's.
A friend of mine has a '06, 2000 Kawi and they want $1700 for saddle bags for it

I did a nuts and bolts restoration on a 1981 bmw r100rt it took 3 years with the bike on the road during the riding season best quality of bike i have ever worked on nothing broke as i stripped it
However although it was a very smooth and efficient bike i never really enjoyed riding it

Brian

I know another person with BMW. He loves it. It's interesting you separate efficiency and enjoyable ride - very insightful!. I never thought about it.

I know another person with BMW. He loves it. It's interesting you separate efficiency and enjoyable ride - very insightful!. I never thought about it.

I drive BMW but would not ride one. No matter how good a bike BMW is, I will probably not enjoy as much as Harley. There is no cool factor with BMW either, IMO. I can customize mine the way I want it to look and sound, and it feels and looks cool when riding!!

i have owned many bikes kawasaki/honda/suzuki etc buttttttttt i never really sat on a bike that just had the REAL DEAL FEEL until the roadking yea its loud yea it needs more power im always scraping in the turns but it sure makes me smile everytime i rider her its like im riding part of american history what a great bike long live the king

i feel very proud to ride my Harley road king, i feel like i'm riding a legend, 1903 t0 2010 is a long time for anything to still be around, I enjoy being looked at at stop lights and told , (thats a great looking bike) every where i go, To me there are no other 2 wheelers that can compare to fun, looks, and sound!!!!!!!!!!

First things first, It's American! Second thing, it's our heritage. If it needs to be explained to you, you would'nt understand any way. You can say all you want about those metric bikes. Once you ride a Harley you'll never go back. If you do? You never belonged on one in the first place. Nothing puts a smile on my face like the wind in my face while riding my shovel. The bagger is great too. Feel it, breath it, and if you've got what it takes, Live It!

I been riding Harleys for 27 years I like the feel and sound of a Harley . But I will be honest to say If a have to buy another cruiser type bike I will be looking at other brands next time . Why? well as Harley being America LOL many many Harley parts now are made over seas. Quality ? I am now very much question that with with my 09 FLHX and how my dealer is busting my cookies with excuses and not wanting to fix them under warranty .
A Fashion show that's for sure . When I when to Sturgis it actually took about a hundred miles from rapid city to find a dearler who actually sold bikes. All other shops around sturgis were just harley clothing stores . The MoCo greedy and ignorance towards it long time customers. It used to be when you when to your dealer with a problem they would a least come outside and take a quick look at your bike , Now they say you'll have to drop it off and it might be a week or so before we can look at it. need some technical Advice and work on your own bike good luck. Nothing worst them being screw by a old friend. Yes I know things have changed over the years but some you still treat you loyal customers with respect and I don't think the MoCo care about customer loyalty anymore . Harley is not a fashion statement it a (EDIT) motorcycle

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back