free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

Can't really explain it to be honest. I've had an iche to ride a motorcycle forever, no one in my family ever did (that I knew of), my father-in-law had road other bikes growing up. I considered buying a sport bike to learn on, but just never felt a real strong desire to get one, so when the time came that I got my license, the only bike I ever considered was a Harley, partially because what is the first thing you think of when you hear a motorcycle...Harley-Davidson. So nothing else fit and I went for it. Although the temptation for a BMW, as mentioned above has come across my mind, but no chance I am giving up the Bob and no room for 2 in the garage.

When I started to ride in the early 80's it was honda they were cheap, reliable, and easy to work on, Started with a 550k the 750 nighthawk and 1200 GW then I took my 1st ride on a 79 sporty and I no longer wanted to ride my Honda, Then kids came into my life so anyway 25 years later finally got my bike of my dreams 07 Ultra. It was Def. worth the wait Peace:)

Because I saved my pennies for 30 years to get a bike. I looked at some cheaper metrics but I knew I would never be happy unless it said HD on it.

I have to admit, I'm part romantic. The hog speaks to me. And there is a brotherhood that comes with the bike.

Harley is a heritage. It's part of the history of America. When you buy a Harley, you're buying your own piece of the American culture. There are plenty of other companies making some great bikes, but they are mimicking (admittedly sometimes improving on) what Harley started.

I ride a Harley because I always wanted one ,when I saw my first FLH back in the 70's they where big ,loud,and when you had one people looked at you a little differnt..Harley,John deere,tractors,Briggs& Stratton ,Smith& Wesson, and riding my Harley makes me sometimes start smileing and i cant quite, I love the looks on kids faces, and old people love them too... and the tv. commial with the old man and his grandkids, the kid says grandpaw did you have a Harley,he said no I bought siding instead,the look on the kids face tells the story..that will never happen to me,I already have siding and a bad (EDIT) Harley....:bigsmiley28:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just part of who I am. My Dad had one in 1947.We have had many other brands, Kaw,Honda,Yamaha, but we all know which is the coolest.I have never seen anyone with honda tattooed on their arm.

Bet you love your Sportster on the twisties along the coast, Ahhh California nights and the smell of salt air:s

Jack you got that right! Been riding for years, just relearned the reasons why I riide...all it took was changing my full face to open face helmet, hit the start button...that carbed, straight piped V-Twin, potato-potato sound in the enclosed glass and metal front lot with overhang port at the dealer was all it took. That booming exhaust note made everyone "duck"...in the office and outside, but then the punchline was the test drive around the side road outback...and the deed was done! Those who talk about sales being a wants and needs thing are fooling themselves, SALES has always been a "crime of passion"!!!:14:

Last edited:
I ride a harley davidson first because it's comfortable, second because i love the look of it, and last it sounds sweet.

Back