free website stats program What's your opinion on pipes? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your opinion on pipes?

I just replaced the Vance and Hines Oval Slip-ons on my Road King. I put on a set of Rineharts and really like them so far. The V&H Ovals were great too though. They're close, but I think I like the Rineharts a little better.

I have Samson Ground Pounders on my Wide Glide and love the sound over any other pipes I've ever heard. They are straight pipes though, and very loud. They have a very deep rumble and sound kind of like a high horsepower boat with a through transom exhaust....deep.

Thanks... I haven't heard of the Samson Ground Pounders. Cool name though...I bet the sound is powerful. I really want power, depth and rumble, but not anything that would be too offensive...maybe just a little head-turning. I like the sound of deep thunder. Something that is heard before seen.

I've got Vance and Hines Ovals on my Ultra and love the deep sound they produce, heck V & H made my wife's Honda 750 ACE sound pretty good.

2" drag pipes 38" long with torque plates. Not to loud if you dont get on it to hard. Preformance is super. Some say they are hard to tune with drag pipes but the torque plates solve that .Super G carb, not EFI which might be a problem to tune.

I have the Python Staggered pipes with baffles (what little they are) and they sound great. A buddy of mine has the same bike (2006 Dyna) and pipes w/o the baffles. Both a great sound. Cheaper than the Vance & Hines too.

Got the bike used, came with the 2 in 1 Thunderheader. I was concerned when I looked at it originally about the sound, but after getting the bike love. Another way to do some research is YouTube. A number of pipe videos out there to help you hear the sound differences.

I have the 2 into one thunder header and I realy like them not to noisy nice low tone and when you twist the throttle they got a nice bark to them.

tealsofttail - What color, chrome or black ceramic coated? Mine are black ceramic coated and need some clean up, so looking for some tips.

Hmmm....opinion on pipes.

Personally I like a Calabash Plum. But, for just generall all around use, I like the Sandblasted Cherrywood. Of course, you should consider the venerable Meerschaum.

Ooops. Wrong forum. Sorry guys!:bigsmiley28:

Back