free website stats program What's your opinion on pipes? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your opinion on pipes?

Hello again...I have also struggled with what aftermarket pipes (if any) to put on my bob. An earlier reply to your post suggested screaming eagles...I have found the slash down set to give a slightly louder than stock sound, but after that my experience is limited to V&H products...the short shots and sideshots. As I mentioned in an earlier post...a friends' wideglide has the shortshots and they make my head hurt. Another acquaintance has Pythons that sound just lovely, once they were baffled. I am still undecided but I am leaning this year to just drive the bob the way it is and will wait until I can educate myself more and hear more pipes. As I said before, good luck to you and I hope that you have a wonderful riding season in Ohio.:41:

Idaho John

I like vance and hines. i had short shots on a couple of my old dynas, they have a good sound. ive got big radius on my wide glide they look good and sound good without being to loud. so far for me v and h is the best for the money, but everyone likes something different thats what makes it fun.

My friend said he got a new water pipe at the flea market, said it sounded like, "girgle, girgle".:32: I stick with my Vanc and Hines.

I'm thinking about changing out my stock pipes. I'd like something a little throaty, deep, and a bit louder...not annoyingly loud, and I don't want my own ears to ring. I want people to know I'm there, and I want a rich full beefy sound for my big V. A parts guy at a local HD dealership recommended Rush. I'm looking for input from any of you who have achieved the "sound" I am seeking. And opinions on different brands including Rush. Thanks!

I would go to a event that has a lot of Harleys then look an listen ask questions thats what i did:coffee

Back