free website stats program What's your opinion on pipes? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your opinion on pipes?

I'm thinking about changing out my stock pipes. I'd like something a little throaty, deep, and a bit louder...not annoyingly loud, and I don't want my own ears to ring. I want people to know I'm there, and I want a rich full beefy sound for my big V. A parts guy at a local HD dealership recommended Rush. I'm looking for input from any of you who have achieved the "sound" I am seeking. And opinions on different brands including Rush. Thanks!

Rush is a good choice. They have different size baffles available that you can change to get more or less sound, if your not quite satisfied with your first choice. If you just go with slip-ons it's a good choice. I'm going with the Vance & Hines Big Shots Long because I like the look, and if they are a little too loud they have a quieter baffle available. Little more pricey than slip-ons but I just wanted to get away from the stock look. :) Good Luck:D:D

"What's your opinion on pipes?"

If I had to choose. I'd choose papers over pipes.:bigsmiley18:

I have Cobra pipes. I'm a fan of pipes that stay close to the bike. Pipes that actually direct the exhaust away from the rider and passenger. Pipes that sound awesome. Pipes that enhance your performance. Pipes that suit your bike. Don't put radical new design pipes on an old school bike....

deucewheel.jpg

I'm thinking about changing out my stock pipes. I'd like something a little throaty, deep, and a bit louder...not annoyingly loud, and I don't want my own ears to ring. I want people to know I'm there, and I want a rich full beefy sound for my big V. A parts guy at a local HD dealership recommended Rush. I'm looking for input from any of you who have achieved the "sound" I am seeking. And opinions on different brands including Rush. Thanks!
I have rush mufflers 2.00 in on a 03 dyna and happy with the sound,performance,and price. Check web site for the RUSH muffler sound.

Last edited:
Power wise slip-ons with a stock headpipe is the best for overall output.Some full systems will produce more peak power but are a PITA to tune i.e.,Thunderheader,Rinehart true duals.I prefer Pythons these days.They have the best chrome and a decent but not too loud sound.V&H has been slipping in quality lately.We've sent back many sets because of bad chrome.In my opinion find a tuner that will allow the retention of the O2 sensors.The bikes just run better that way.

Screaming Eagle

Vance and Hines sound good but for a lower, deeper sound I bought the Khrome Werks 3" hp slip ons.
Also got 10 extra hp with he Hurricane backplate, K & N air filter and SERF.

Back