free website stats program What's your opinion on pipes? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your opinion on pipes?

I put a pair of Screamin Eagle mufflers on my 2003 FLHTC Touring bike and I think it has a nice deep/mellow sound. Its not an over-bearing sound but sounds great...

I used to have a 2004 FLSTF Fat Boy and I put on a pair of V & H Long shots.

Toooooo noisey for both rider and myself... Its just my opinion on the noise.

I have Vance & Hines Staggered on 2003 Dyna Low Rider. Great power Increase a little loud but I get looks more good than bad.

Vance & Hines Big Radius on my 05 WG. Much louder than stock, performance, MUCH better than stock. Quality of the pipes is outstanding. I also put thier true duels on my Road King with the same results. The Big Radius pipes are a bit noisy, but like you said Boyd, I get alot more looks of approval than not, and they DO know I'm there.

Last edited:
I have the Vance & Hines Long Shots on my 96 Lowrider and love them. When riding, they are not loud-especially if you have saddle bags on it. My 15 year old daughter rides on the back with me alot, and she says the same thing.... with one exception! Any one who rides behind me gets quite an earfull. My co-worker and I switched bikes to go to work one day, and I rode behind him. I couldn't believe the difference between being the driver of my bike, and being behind it! Now I know why I got pushed to the back of the pack on my last poker run!

I was able to find a set of SE II's (baloney cut) and just put them on. OK at highway speed, a bit loud at slower speeds.

Installed Vance & Hines slip-ons on my 2008 FLHX and love them. Also seem to work well with the other V&H performance products.

I just ordered a pair of Rush 2.0 slip-ons for my 09 Fat Bob. I did the You Tube thing and talked with a bunch of people before deciding. Almost nobody had anything good to say about the Screaming Eagle slip-ons made for my bike. I also liked the Khrome Werks slip-ons (via You Tube) but had trouble finding a way to buy the darn things. My dealer was really pushing V&H products, and they took me to their shop to let me listen to a few V&H equipped bikes, which I thought were too loud. A few good things about the Rush 2.0s - I can put them on myself, they were only $270 (including tax and shipping) and if I get a "fix it" ticket (I'm in California) I can always put the stock pipes back on in a few minutes. I figure that I can always go for all-new pipes, like a V&H, some time in the future if I'm not 100% satisfied with the slip-ons.

Back