free website stats program What's your opinion on pipes? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your opinion on pipes?

I have the V&H Bigshots Staggered.
I like them alot!
Looked at the Rineharts loved the sound, but the extra $100+ I didn't think was worth it!

Most of them sacrifice power/driveability at the altar of looks.Some actually improve the bike when done right.

I dont know if all the blacked out parts are new, or if I just never noticed them before. I would really like to do an all black bike some day: black paint, black pipes, black air cleaner cover, black horn cover, black wheels.... did I mention that my favorite color is black? Maybe combo all the black with a yellow/orange paint job of some sort. I hope I dream about this tonight.

I can finally give an opinion here, after taking my bike in for tires, the guy at the shop took it for a little test run to make sure all was well with the bike. I have V&H on my bike and I thought it may have been a little loud, but I had only heard it while riding it. I got to say, I think it sounded real good, a little loud if you want to, but overall, a deep rumble. I like it! :bigsmiley18: I could be obnoxious on it if I wanted, but I do try to respect others, I have also rolled the window up on the truck a couple of times when some really loud bikes have pulled up beside my truck. I don't like the loud pipes that hurt my ears, or the deep bass on car stereos when they are behind me either.

My personal opinion is that it depends on how you use your bikes. I have two, an '03 UC with SE slant tail duals (stock piping, just the SE slip-ons), and a '91 Dyna with drags. The little bike is just for toolin' around on and I want the bike VERY loud. The pipes on it are straight drag pipes with AR cones at the heads. You can definitely hear her comin'!!

The UC I use to commute to work every day (weather permitting). I have a Sirius radio on that and like listening to 74 - Blues. So the SEs quiet down the engine so I can just hear it, but only as backup to the tunes. Nice.

TQ

Last edited:
I changed my original 2003 touring mufflers to the Screaming Eagle set and I am happy with the sound and performance. I had a 2004 Softtail and put a pair of V&H long-shots
and it was way tooo noisey for rider and me... just my opinion..

Back