free website stats program What should I do first to my Sportster? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What should I do first to my Sportster?

What should I do first to my new Sportster XL883?

• Saddlebags

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Windshield

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • SE Mufflers

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I ran it in SG 9.70 class this year I'm running VRD Pro tree heads up.
As soon as I find a Roadking or anything else that will go faster I'll "trade up"

Hey Angel, you guys reclaiming strip mines down there to get a 1/4 mile of flat, straight land or are you running out of state? :D I used to launch hot air balloons from the best landing spot available & then land in some postage stamp yard.....But I was happy for that tiny yard:D. Motorcycles are less work than packing balloons.:s

Hey Angel, you guys reclaiming strip mines down there to get a 1/4 mile of flat, straight land or are you running out of state? :D I used to launch hot air balloons from the best landing spot available & then land in some postage stamp yard.....But I was happy for that tiny yard:D. Motorcycles are less work than packing balloons.:s
Lots of 1/8 mile tracks in VA, NOTHING in WV. I do most of the AHDRA races on the East Coast.

If the seat is anything like those on an 04 custom, a 30 mile ride will let you know what's needed first. I put the large 15" Mustang seat with the medium passenger on mine and love it. I also think it looks good. Check it out. Then the windshield.

Ride it, break in motor change to 100% syn oils and ride it some more.

By the time you have 500 to 1,000 miles on it, you will have set your own priorities as to which trinket to add first.

well it all depends what your in to if your into takin long rides then u would always go wit the windshield. but me i would hit up a phat new exhaust from vance and hines or samson u know something to give it a tone everyone should hear you comin not think ur on a scooter. peace

Well I ended up going with cruise pegs and a new seat, I went off the list haha.

Got a Mustange wide solo seat and the Kuryakn (sp?) cruise peg setup. The bike is SUPER comfortable now. I can't believe I ever lived with the stock seat!!

Good choice! The seat is a must. I actually ordered saddlebags with it so I could keep my raingear with me. However, It only took one ride of 3hrs each way to convince me the seat had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back