free website stats program What should I do first to my Sportster? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What should I do first to my Sportster?

What should I do first to my new Sportster XL883?

• Saddlebags

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Windshield

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • SE Mufflers

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbitt, was planning on changing the seat too .What do you suggest? I would like something low and comfortable.

I put the Screaming Eagle mufflers on Friday night,sounds good.
Now I need to know, should get download from dealer or air cleaner next?

I'm thinking of putting forward controls on my '05 XL883L.Anyone done this and how did you like the results?

I'm thinking of putting forward controls on my '05 XL883L.Anyone done this and how did you like the results?

IMHO Forward controls are cool, especially for long freeway rides and touring. It can be somewhat of a pain in stop & go traffic, parking lot and gas station manuevering. I got an exotic forward control assembly made in Italy, but you can get good ones from Harley or Drag Specialties at much more reasonable prices. I am looking for floor boards to replace the standard peg setup, but the offset location of the left & right welded brackets have made it tough for me to find. Try not to totally remove your standard peg setup for better control if you can, unless you ride only solo...then you can use the passenger pegs for your sport riding, lean in the wind position. :newsmile081:

I have also found that I ride the Harley more than my metric sport bike, and often I end up riding in unknown terrain w/ gravel or sand, so being able to use the passenger pegs to lower the center of gravity (and being able to almost stand on the pegs like a dirt rider at times) really helps. Also when riding in the twisties, being able to weight the outside peg in turns while cornering with knees against the tank, makes controlling the bike much easier. :57:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back