free website stats program What should I do first to my Sportster? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What should I do first to my Sportster?

What should I do first to my new Sportster XL883?

• Saddlebags

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Windshield

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • SE Mufflers

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet you'd put 16 inch ape hangers on it too. and maybe some chrome mud flaps & and a set of lizard lights.

with leather braided hand grips that have 14inchs of buggy whip fringe

Yep.I also took the full fairing off my 595 to make it 'naked' and hung some fluffy dice off the new mirrors.:bigsmiley11:

Are sporty riders always so protective?:newsmile07:

Are sporty riders always so protective?:newsmile07:

Yes, we're tired of other people telling us what to do, or what to ride!
I could have ANY bike made to ride and I picked a Sportster!
It's one of the few things in life you get to chose.
I don't care what kind of bike anyone rides as long as they like it and enjoy it and do it safely.
Ride free
Ride safe

My pipes externally appear to be the original factory, there are no aftermarket or SE notations. However the sound is much louder than stock with a nice and throaty rumble. The volume level is the perfect compromise between the sewing-machine stock and ear-splitting open pipes.

I also love the stock cut profile of the pipes, the open baloney cut or the skinny drag pipe look just doesn’t do it for me. Can the baffles be easily removed from stock pipes?

I could have ANY bike made to ride and I picked a Sportster!
It's one of the few things in life you get to chose.
I don't care what kind of bike anyone rides as long as they like it and enjoy it and do it safely.
Ride free
Ride safe

RIGHT ON!!!! And I'm not being sarcastic here either Angel !!!!

I didnt realize i was telling anybody anything by offering a flippant thought.It was,i thought,just that.I dont see how the post could be construed as a directive.Are you familiar with the term"tongue in cheek"?:small3d004:
Perhaps thats how you wrote your piece and i failed to see that?

Why are people telling him to trade it in on a different bike?? Seems kinda rude to me. Obviously this person bought the bike he has because that's what he wanted or it's all he could afford.

can i play plurrrlease i promise not to crash it cant guarantee i wont blow it up tho:bigsmiley22:love dragracing or any pure power sport im banned from owning high performance anything by my wife and i play along as it get me any bike i want within reason - then the power goodies slip into the garage slowly :D

But it's a girls bike! Shouldn't i trade it for a Roadking or something "BIGGER"?
Best time I've run so far is a 8.94 @ 149mph. class record in sanctioned competition is a 9.036 @147mph.
She doesn't like for guys to touch her!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back