free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

I tried a new product a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised. I tried ICE. It goes on really easy and wipes off the same. I found that if you accidently get some on your trim, it doesn't leave the ususal film. on it.

I am in the detailing business and I use the same thing I use on mine and customers cars, which is DWG waterless detailing that does a great job. You can put this stuff on sandy mud and dont have to worry about it sratching your paint.

I am in the detailing business and I use the same thing I use on mine and customers cars, which is DWG waterless detailing that does a great job. You can put this stuff on sandy mud and dont have to worry about it sratching your paint.

You had me up the the "sandy mud" part then I bailed out. I was given a product like this by a friend to try and after giving it some thought decided not to try it at all on the premise that the sand/mud or dirt that is present acts like sand paper when in contact with the finish and would indeed leave some scratched of sorts after repeated use. It doesn't take much to leave swirls or scratches in paint.
I've even seen some people use a dry cloth or even slightly dampened to clean off bird droppings and seen the damage that caused because of the diet that a bird eats which contained small particles of sand of grit to aid in digestion. That is what is causing the damage when this is done so the mud/sand/grit isn't far removed from this.
Only proper way to remove birds droppings is with a stream of water from a hose and flush it away.

For general cleaning S100 and PigSpit

Mother #7 mirror glaze wax when it needs a rubdown

Mothers chrome polish when needed

For quick detailing, Meguir's Quick Detail

Krusr

Glad you mentioned Pledge. I have only been on this site for a few months and picked up on the Pledge per the recommendations on this site. I "borrowed" the wife's and it works like a charm on the paint, chrome and aluminum. I use a very soft cloth and only clean water on the windshield of my 09 RK to "soak" off the bugs. Once they soften up they come right off and you don't scratch the plastic.

Glad you mentioned Pledge. I have only been on this site for a few months and picked up on the Pledge per the recommendations on this site. I "borrowed" the wife's and it works like a charm on the paint, chrome and aluminum. I use a very soft cloth and only clean water on the windshield of my 09 RK to "soak" off the bugs. Once they soften up they come right off and you don't scratch the plastic.

If you Pledge the windshield, the bugs come off real easy after that.

I also would recommend using the pledge on the bike over the winter if it is stored instead of something like Windex. The ammonia in the Windex will strip any wax off the surfaces and they will be prone to rusting easier.

Like I always say, pledge on everything but leather and the tires.

I bought a can of Mothers aluminum cleaner and it worked great for my rear wheel. It came out like a mirror. I also use Mothers chrome polish.

Back