free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

I use Pledge for the paint, frame, fairing, chrome and windshield daily. For all the rubber, leather and tires I give them a spritz of 303 Protectant two or three times a year and wipe dry. I have never used water on anything and it still looks like a diamond in a billy goats eye.

Another good tool to have in your detailing arsenal is a California Duster.
(thats just a brand name but I've seen 'em by others).Basically it's just like a dust mop thats been treated with a wax compound. Just swab it over the entire surface and if you keep your bike clean this will pick up any road dust like a magnet. The best thing is, the dirtier they get, the better they work. They also come in several sizes and shapes so you can get into hard to reach spots.

I use Pledge for the paint, frame, fairing, chrome and windshield daily. For all the rubber, leather and tires I give them a spritz of 303 Protectant two or three times a year and wipe dry. I have never used water on anything and it still looks like a diamond in a billy goats eye.

Don't you need to use some water first to soften the dirt to avoid scratches?

Bike brite, Maguire's Quick Detail, and Harley's leather cleaner/conditioner. Bike looks brand new at 7,500 miles.

Been using mostly Mother's products but this BOM sounds interesting.
Use Pig spit as well.

Krusr

Costco has some really soft fiber towels and some Simple Green to get the big grim off. Then out comes the Pledge furniture wax. This stuff is amazing! Bugs do not stick much and I use it right on the windshield also. Easy to use and very quick.

i tried using Pledge as well, and until something better comes along, i won't use anything else. Of course you wash the bike first! (did i really need to say that?). i have used many different waxes for the paint and chrome, and all work well. But i got a much better result using Pledge and a diaper cloth. In addition to the superior shine, i have noticed that dust from the road and from sitting in the garage is drastically reduced. It used to make me mad to spend hours on the bike and after two days of riding and sitting in the garage i would have dust settling on it; but not any more!
Thanks for the tip!

Nice idea with the cut off sweatshirt sleeves, my biggest pain is polishing the front spokes, the rear wheel is a solid polished aluminum and I found that Metal Gloss does the best at making a mirror like finish for it, lots of good tips here everyone.

i use Auto Glym bike cleaner and Castrol Greentec both are great products for removing crud, spray it on aggitate with a brush or sponge on the stubbon parts and hose it off, then is wash complete bike with a sponge and power wash it of (low pressure power washer).
For polish i use Belgom Alu on the chrome and alloy, rub it in until it goes black leave to cloud over and polish off leaves behind a waxy residue which makes washing easier.
Paint i use Auto Glym super resin polish and lustre lace instant detailer, the super resin can also be used in between the applications of belgom.
also during winter i spray the entire bike with FS365 or acf 50 anti corrosion and cover with a silicon spray looks a mess but saves the bike

That's quite an inventory Hobbit:D! Do you know if we can get BOM on this side of the pond and have you ever tried it or S100?

Back