free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

glider.

BOT Machine
Give us an idea of what you use and how it works.

Give brand names and difficulty of use too.

How often you find you need to reuse the product to keep things in top shape will help too.

Last edited by a moderator:
only use s100. easy stuff to use, leaves the bike looking great. just be sure to rinse the bike really well before drying...

Well I probably over do it !..I have a Black and Chrome Road King ( lol ) So to make a Black bike look good takes a little extra effort. To wash I use Mequiars Gold wash. Rinse off with cold water to start. Wash bike then blow dry with a leaf blower. I use a Micro Fiber Cloth ..its called Streak-Free..can purchase online at http://www.mgbstreakfree.com ..anyone who has not used this cloth, you won't believe how good it works. Then when I wax I use the easiest wax I ever used and IMO the best . Its called RejeX made in Dallas Texas by CT ( Corrosion Technologies )..Apply with a flannel rag ( purchased from a fabric store )..and wax off with a flannel rag as well..I use Mothers liquidl chrome cleaner/polisher....use as directed per manufacture..then I wax the chrome with RejeX...I've used lots of different detailer..S100..Pig Snot...Geez don't know how many different ones I've used..they are all good...but finally found one thats great ..problems with them is ya can use too much...but now I've found one thats blew my socks off...its made by Turtle Wax ..called ICE...from Auto Zone..but am sure its sold everywhere.its a synthetic spray detailer..and for any scratches or swirls the very best product IMO is HD scratch and Swirl remover...little elbow grease here...(not like a super fine rubbing compound) that can scratch the finish ...so there ya have it....but of everything I do probably the greatest thing I have is the Micro Fiber Cloth ...the Streak- Free ones..everyone should have a couple of these .Dang ! forgot how to post a pic of the bike are I could show ya what it looks like ....

I never use water, and use only Captain Richard's Best (formerly BOM). Damndest stuff I've ever seen. And like you said, only the best for my bike!

I use Armoral products, easy to use and do a great longlasting job, they have an excellent chrome cleaner/polish which is good as I have a lot of chrome on my ride.

I never use water, and use only Captain Richard's Best (formerly BOM). Damndest stuff I've ever seen. And like you said, only the best for my bike!

Always looking for better products...thanks for the info..I looked into it..gonna give the stuff a try...Liked what a few of the Biker magazines had to say about the stuff...I had never heard of it ..but always willin to try stuff if its better...:D

S100 wash w/low water pressure...and Meguiar's to detail...(good stuff) soft polishing cloth...

I suppose that my next questions are what new guys like me often ask after getting their bikes. So please bear with me. I looked for some answers and found some useful information about cleaning and treating the leather. I already ordered some Lexol.

Now for the paint and chrome. What should I use? Also, do you all think the Meguiar's stuff is good? They have EZ Clean (Spray and Rinse), Detailer (Mist and Wipe), and Motorcycle Wax (Liquid Wax Wet Look).
meguiars.com: E-Store /Consumer>Motorcycle Care
What do you think of this stuff?

Back