free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

Why wait till the snow melts, good time now to get it in shape.

I agree,This past weekend was the first time I was able to get the bike uncovered since the" big one" back in November.The wife was not happy that I pushed it outside but once there she figured that she might as well let me have my fun. Wiped the W-D off and brought out the pledge. I really wanted to take her out for a ride but knew better.Well sounds like this might be alittle premature we are going to get major snow again this week. But my baby sure shines and looks sweet!

I must confess that today I bought my first can of Pledge. Can't wait to try it once the snow melts.
Same here.:) My wife picked up a can for me this morning.
No snow, but I'm having trouble working up my nerve to actually wipe my two week old bike with furniture polish.

When I was a kid I tried to wax my mom's car with Johnson's paste wax. At the time I figured wax was wax. It was not a pretty sight and I keep thinking about that.

Why wait till the snow melts, good time now to get it in shape.

Agreed, but my car is in my side of the garage now (hate scrapping ice in the morning). I bring my motorcycles to my mothers garage for winter storage. Trust me being my first winter of Harley ownership it will be home ASAP. I just can't look at the catalogue any more!

Being a complete cynic I thought this "Pledge" thing was some kind of wind up, after reading all the posts regarding its use I finally gave in and decided to try it out. I just finished a few hours ago and the black paint on my bike has never looked so deep and glossy, so I'm well won over.:D

Being a complete cynic I thought this "Pledge" thing was some kind of wind up, after reading all the posts regarding its use I finally gave in and decided to try it out. I just finished a few hours ago and the black paint on my bike has never looked so deep and glossy, so I'm well won over.:D

Think of all the money you could have saved by not being a skeptic!:D

i've heard the lemmon pledge furniture polish works wonders on the chrome and paint leaving the bike showroom ready

I agree,This past weekend was the first time I was able to get the bike uncovered since the" big one" back in November.The wife was not happy that I pushed it outside but once there she figured that she might as well let me have my fun. Wiped the W-D off and brought out the pledge. I really wanted to take her out for a ride but knew better.Well sounds like this might be alittle premature we are going to get major snow again this week. But my baby sure shines and looks sweet!

I genuinely feel for you guys living in the Big Winters. You must go nuts with Biker cabin fever. All I can say is I hope that your summers are glorious, sunny, long and beautiful for riding - oh and I hope you get plenty time for the scoot.:newsmile090:

Me too mate:D. It's totally wasted on furniture. Keep it all for the bike.:rofl

Well, I finally tried the Pledge... Wow!
I did the bit under the seat first, just in case, and wound up doing the rest of the bike.
I'm definitely going to pass this idea along to my off-line friends.

I use never dull on most of my chrome. A bit time consuming to use. I now cannot wait to try pledge:shock Never heard of that before but sounds easy enough. C

Back