free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
Ok Im Back,, I put about 3oz's in on a empty tank.I then filled my Limited up to the rim.I ran that Tank all the way down.I then Added another 3 to 4 oz's,fill all the way up to Rim.Reset trip meter!! I got close to 240 miles to the tank,thats somewhere around 40mpg on a Stock 103 fully tune and 2-1 full system!!!
PS I never rode faster then 70mph thur out that Tank of GAS,,,

I would not over do it with the seafoam, it's a good cleaner for the system but I would not use that much. Read some of the post from others and I think you'll see most use about a oz every 2nd or 3rd tank full.

You can also run a couple oz's in your crank case prior to a oil change. It's amazing how it will clean out the inners.

Personally , I think fuel and oil additives are not necessary. If you are parking the bike for an extended time, a stabilizer is a good idea, but daily riding, your throwing money out the pipes.

Personally , I think fuel and oil additives are not necessary. If you are parking the bike for an extended time, a stabilizer is a good idea, but daily riding, your throwing money out the pipes.

I agree with you on the oil additives. I'm not going to add anything to brand new $12/qt. oil to dilute it. However, I don't see anything wrong with some fuel additives. Anything to help keep the system clean and help dissolve any carbon build up or clean the injectors is a good thing. $11 for a 16 oz can of seafoam, which I can use an oz or two every other tank full, is not really throwing money out the pipes. I can afford an extra $2 per tank full if it helps keep my $30,000 investment/toy running its best and lasting as long as possible. I'm sold on seafoam now, but was skeptical at first. My riding lawnmower was running real rough, so I added some seafoam to the gas and now it runs like brand new again. But..... to each his/her own :D

I agree with glazier and so will many on the forum, seafoam is a great product for keeping the inners clean like mentioned. Adding cleaners like seafoam are a personal preference and I happen to think seafoam works for me so I'll keep using it as directed to maintain a healthy happy engine.:s

Always used Seafoam in my old Honda. Not sure what effect it has with fuel injected engines though..

Back