free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
I run sea foam in everything. My Harley way parked for 10 years and I don't believe I would have got it running as well as it does without it. I also use it to store it as a fuel stabilizer.

I have been reading up on it and you know how it goes, some say it it does work and others say its junk. If you try it let us know how it worked for you.

Then again there is those that you can convince hitting yourself with a hammer is fun if ya know what I mean :s

I put a can of sea foam in the boat when I put it away for the winter saving a couple of ounces for the bike. Other then that I don't use any additives.

To each his own on this. How do we realy know if anything works? All we have to go on is what we read and what others tell us, then try it and make our own usumption.

To each his own on this. How do we realy know if anything works? All we have to go on is what we read and what others tell us, then try it and make our own usumption.

I've had this same discussion a few times with people in regards to gas line anti freeze. If you use it on a regular basis every few tank fulls, you will probably never have a problem with water build up in any tank and freezing or rusting so you wonder if it is worth using it.
It's the people that don't believe this that never use it and have rust through in the tank from the water that sits at the lowest point in tank as well as freeze ups from the water in the cold weather which in turn can freeze up the fuel pumps located in the tanks in some vehicles.

Remember one thing in regards to this gas line anti freeze, you have to get the car into a warmer area (above freezing) so that the anti freeze can mix with any water in the tank for it to be effective, otherwise you waste your money. If the water is slushed in the tank the antifreeze can't mix with it and pass it.

You be the judge here. :s

Water in the tank is never good. A little bit of some type of gas line anti freeze once in a while is aways a good idea.:s

i work in the petrol industry and if you have water in fuel ((a lot )) not just you think there mightb be some then add,s are ok, or if setting all winter if you choose not to drain tank and carb.s then a stabilizer is ok. and if ya just gotta use it then put the whole can in. a drop or two is just waisting your time. also if carb,s are gummed up and you think this stuff is gonna help,, well just keep on buying cause i need the overtime and the mechanic you,re gonna take it to needs the work,, just my humble opinion

i work in the petrol industry and if you have water in fuel ((a lot )) not just you think there mightb be some then add,s are ok, or if setting all winter if you choose not to drain tank and carb.s then a stabilizer is ok. and if ya just gotta use it then put the whole can in. a drop or two is just waisting your time. also if carb,s are gummed up and you think this stuff is gonna help,, well just keep on buying cause i need the overtime and the mechanic you,re gonna take it to needs the work,, just my humble opinion

Not very good information jocamp. The cans of dry gas or stabil are measured according to the size of the tank and amount of fuel in the tank.
Gummed up carbs need removal and cleaning if badly gummed up or otherwise an additive like gum out works well to clean out minor problems in any fuel system.

I have seen cars get towed into the shop that wont run and found the fuel tank had alot of water in it. Im talking gallons! This usually happens rite after you add fuel. The station you bought fuel at sold you water! This happens, but not often. There is normal condensation that happens inside the tank. A little isopropl will fix that.

Back