free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
Lately I've been using a product call Duralt and my scoot seems to like it. Duralt was the recommended fuel treatment used by Harley for years. Take a look on the web or FuelsaverInc.com

Personally , I think fuel and oil additives are not necessary. If you are parking the bike for an extended time, a stabilizer is a good idea, but daily riding, your throwing money out the pipes.

Agree. Best way to prevent carbon build up is to vent the head breathers to the atmosphere and run your favorite fuel additive through a tank as often as you change oil. Add some Star Tron after every ride and call it good. JMHO and has worked well for me for a long time.:D

Agree. Best way to prevent carbon build up is to vent the head breathers to the atmosphere and run your favorite fuel additive through a tank as often as you change oil. Add some Star Tron after every ride and call it good. JMHO and has worked well for me for a long time.:D

What is the opinion of lightly spraying water into throttle body while running bike at 2,000 RPMs on a occasion.

What is the opinion of lightly spraying water into throttle body while running bike at 2,000 RPMs on a occasion.
I've never done this with a motorcycle but have misted seafoam into the throttle body of cars. It'll smoke like a freight train for a few seconds but it will cleaner out.:s

This will break up light carbon, for the baked on oily carbon seafoam will work better, best done on a warm engine @ a steady throttle speed, if it loads up back off on the spray til it clears its throat:s I like to change oil and plugs after a chemical cleaning. Take a look at the freckles on a spark plug with a lighted eye loop, you might be surprised:D

Lately I've been using a product call Duralt and my scoot seems to like it. Duralt was the recommended fuel treatment used by Harley for years. Take a look on the web or FuelsaverInc.com

I recently got some Duralt. Seat-of-pants impression is the scoot likes it, seems to have more power and better mileage.

Also using it in my truck. I run up to Winter Haven every weekend, about 165 miles. I left it out of the fuel this morning and whoa what a difference! I lost a good 2/3 miles per gallon, partially by the soot collecter having the fuel-draining "burn off" far more often.
I'ts a duramax with banks six-shooter tuner, intake, and exhaust.
I am going to run this stuff from now on.

Great forum!

Steve

I recently got some Duralt. Seat-of-pants impression is the scoot likes it, seems to have more power and better mileage.

Also using it in my truck. I run up to Winter Haven every weekend, about 165 miles. I left it out of the fuel this morning and whoa what a difference! I lost a good 2/3 miles per gallon, partially by the soot collecter having the fuel-draining "burn off" far more often.
I'ts a duramax with banks six-shooter tuner, intake, and exhaust.
I am going to run this stuff from now on.

Great forum!

Steve

Glad to hear you like it, I'm sold on it.

It must work well. Very concentrated stuff.

One gallon of DurAlt® treats 5000 gallons of
gasoline in bulk. Our 2-ounce consumer bottle treats 80 gallons of gas.

It must work well. Very concentrated stuff.

One gallon of DurAlt® treats 5000 gallons of
gasoline in bulk. Our 2-ounce consumer bottle treats 80 gallons of gas.

Directions say add 1/4 oz per 10 gal of gas due to it's concentration, I add 1/8 oz to my 5 gal tank every fill. In my opinion it really does what it claims.:s

I can second that. I have seen a solid 2 mpg gain in my duramax, and I am filling my scooter up at 180/185 as opposed to 170 miles

My impression is it increases the efficiency of combustion, pulses feel stronger

I'm hooked!

Back