free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
Those LED tail lights can cause some problems with the TSSM on the bike because of the different draw. You may need a load equalizer .

Trust me, I'll be asking my questions as the day draws near...........:bigsmiley24:

Hey glider. Has anybody tryed the Fitch fuel catalyst. Fitch Fuel Catalyst - Home. Saw the add in Snowtech magazine (I live up north) The snowmobile experts tested it and said it works. Permanently stabilizes fuel and boosts octane. Its a catalyst you throw in the tank and leave it there. They do not say what is in it, some kind of metal. I think it is silver because bacteria will not grow in the presence of silver and bacteria is what breaks down the fuel. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Of course we all know how sensitive our o2 sensors are, right?

My choice is none.

Al

The ethanol myth is bad enough, 'reminds me of the old westerns and snake oil elixirs

Hey glider. Has anybody tryed the Fitch fuel catalyst. Fitch Fuel Catalyst - Home. Saw the add in Snowtech magazine (I live up north) The snowmobile experts tested it and said it works. Permanently stabilizes fuel and boosts octane. Its a catalyst you throw in the tank and leave it there. They do not say what is in it, some kind of metal. I think it is silver because bacteria will not grow in the presence of silver and bacteria is what breaks down the fuel. Does that make sense?

I've never tried the host of gizmos available including the magnet that goes on the outside of the fuel line to align the ions in the fuel. Higher octane than needed doesn't help with anything at all.

I think they are a clever way of separating a person from their $$$. If you look in a magazine like JC Whitney, everything in the book boasts about "get more MPG" , "saves gas" and things of this sort.
I figure if you were to believe everything you read that If I bought one of everything they sell that does the above and installed it on my car that it eventually would have gas overflowing out of the fuel filler instead of using gas. :s

Save your money and just use a decent gas of the right octane.

I have not used any kind of treatment, I fill with gas at a high volume station and add stabil when I store it. I think you hit the nail on the head again glider.:)

I've had some issues with the some companies fuels here in Michigan. I have never had a problem since I've started putting additives in my gas. My favorite happens to be sea foam. It removes water from gas, it stabilizes, cleans the ports in my carbs, and my injection in my car. It may have to do with the climate here in Michigan, Monday night it went from 56 degrees to 29 in nothing flat. I think that promotes condensation.

Michigan LOL. Yea, another 8 inches of snow last night. What the heck is sea foam and where do you get it. It's called sea foam????

I have been thinking about testing this. I am keeping a pretty close log on my SG. After I get a good basline, maybe I will buy one and see if it affects mileage at all. They did a segment on the canister type thing on an engine dyno on HP TV on Spike, and it seemed to work, but we all know who paid for that test. I wouldn't call it independent.
I have been reading up on it and you know how it goes, some say it it does work and others say its junk. If you try it let us know how it worked for you.

Back