free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
Glider, I was wondering, would Sea Foam or the Marvel Mystery Oil be better to run through the bike? I am hoping to get the bike out and run it towards the end of the week, better weather supposed to be coming. I know that I have had good results with the SF, and I also know that I could probably go out to hubby's shop & find a can of it there. I am pretty sure I would have to go out and buy the MM, but I could do that. I figured you would know a little more about the properties and such, that if one was better than the other. I could read the bottles, but I just don't know enough about engines yet, haha, but I'm working on that...(with your help of course). Just wondering what your opinion was here. If it doesn't really matter, I'll stick with what I know....:) but if one might be better than the other, I would go that route. I'm guessing that they are about the same??? and that it won't matter so much just as long you use something to clean things up a bit?

I am glad to hear about the ocean sounds......I'll have to try that! :D

Thanks!

updates_smallwhite.gif

Does it look like this Joy? :s

Honestly I think either one will do the trick. I've never used the sea foam but I have used the Marvel Mystery oil regularly and it has always done what I was trying to do so I'll stick with that for now. Most fuels have cleaners in them today but I always like to clean things up a bit with some Marvel in the fuel and oil just prior to a change for about 100 miles or so.

Heck, you're all checked out on maintenance now and I expect you'll be answering some questions here about maintenance issues.

Yup, that's the can. Gee, I'll try & wipe the grease off my hands and jump in when I can.....I did make the recommendation to replace a primary drain in another thread, does that count? :D You should have seen the look on hubby's face when he & the neighbor were chatting after our ordeal when he looked down & I had ran into the house & brought the measuring cup out of the kitchen. The manual called for 24 oz., I had no choice........he shook his head & told my neighbor that he had the reverse problem of most men with their wives.:bigsmiley20:

I'll stick with the SF since that's on the shelf. Please, someone send me some good weather!

I love sea foam I buy it right off the shelf at work. I highly recommend it, I usually don't recommend anything until I have tried it myself. If I won't use a product in my stuff,why would I tell someone else to use it in theirs. I don't feel I'm doing anything out of the ordinary, but people keep coming back to me for advise, weird.:bigsmiley14:

I've never used additives unless I picked up a contaminate in the fuel like moisture. I think it'd be helpful to some to include how much of these products you'd put in your tank, such as teaspoon of MMO per 5 gal. ect.:coffee

Good thought, In a full tank on a bike, an ounce or two is sufficient to clean things up every few months, or just an ounce in every tankful if you want to will not hurt anything. In the oil, you can use a bit more like 2-4 ounces but don't over fill the oil level.

Good idea bikermonkey:s

Okay Glider, on the oil, am I okay to use the SF, or would the Marvel be better there since is is 'oil' in the sense. I only want what's best for the bike! :s

Joy

Never used the seafoam but from the writeup, it has the same qualities as the MMO so I would say yes you can use it in the oil as well.

• Cleans injectors
  • Adds lubricity
  • Anti-gel
  • Cleans crankcase <<<:s
  • Restores power
  • Removes moisture
  • Cleans carbon
  • Stabilizes fuel
  • Diesel fuel conditioner
Small Engine Applications
Works and Performs Instantly
  • Stabilizes fuel
  • Cleans carburetor
  • Cleans carbon
  • Removes moisture
  • Assures fast starts
  • Frees sticky rings
  • Restores power
  • Upper cylinder lube
  • Smooths rough idle

Joy

Never used the seafoam but from the writeup, it has the same qualities as the MMO so I would say yes you can use it in the oil as well.

• Cleans injectors
  • Adds lubricity
  • Anti-gel
  • Cleans crankcase <<<:s
  • Restores power
  • Removes moisture
  • Cleans carbon
  • Stabilizes fuel
  • Diesel fuel conditioner
Small Engine Applications
Works and Performs Instantly
  • Stabilizes fuel
  • Cleans carburetor
  • Cleans carbon
  • Removes moisture
  • Assures fast starts
  • Frees sticky rings
  • Restores power
  • Upper cylinder lube
  • Smooths rough idle

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm probably $9 closer to the cool LED tail light & the new bags I'm gonna get...priorities you know...:D

Back