free website stats program speed | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

Glider, it doesn't seem to make sense that my '03 Ultra with only pipes and aircleaner, (un-completed Stage 1....never did the tuner), hit's the 100 mark with more in the chamber and Wall's '09 with tuner is only hitting 105....he must have at least 10-15 HP more than me, I would think. Maybe more?

Speedo error?

What do you think?

Quite possible it has something to do with the drive by wire. I know when you nail those from a stop, the throttle body does not open like the older ones did until you reach a certain speed then it opens up.

My TFI settings are according to the web site. The only one I could really set was the first pod. All the rest are as recommended settings for stage one set up. I wish I knew for sure how to tune it. Seems odd that the same recommendation for any pipe and AC is the same? Bike seems to run fine under normal riding conditions. Still want it the best it can be.

I have an 08 RG. I am running reinhart slip ons, high flow air filter, and Power Commander. I opened her up and hit 120, and still had plenty left to pull. I dont usually run at those speeds, just wanted to see what the improvements gave me. I was pleasantly suprised. So I guess the answer is the proper fuel management system of your choice.

OK...OK...You got me there, if you use Pledge on the bike it will surpass the 120 mark with ease! :lolrolling

Glider, are you using the lemon scented pledge? It's beginning to smell a little...
I'm not getting close to your M.P.G after I use the pledge.:) Do I need more pledge?

Back