free website stats program speed | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

The limiting factor is the lean conditions set by the EPA. They are capable of over 100 MPH with a little work like added fuel.

I run the TFI on my bike and no download and it easily hits 120 without a problem and it get's there fast too.

is there a limiter on the ultras to keep the speed under a 100mph ? and if so can you over ride it

My questions is...why??? I bought my bagger to "cruise" the highways & byways - not to see how fast it will go. Can't understand why someone would want to take the cadillac of HD cruisers over 100mph...:small3d011:

What I have found is that if you run it up hard in 5th. gear to about 105mph the tach. will be at approx 5400 rpm. then bang it into sixth you get a few more mph. out of it. My 07 will run 132 mph.with tourpack removed.
(this was done on a closed road using a radar gun)

My questions is...why??? I bought my bagger to "cruise" the highways & byways - not to see how fast it will go. Can't understand why someone would want to take the cadillac of HD cruisers over 100mph...:small3d011:

You got to check it out you need to do the ton once .......

The RPM limiter really shouldn't effect the speed on a stock bike. I also found that you get a better top end when in 5th gear and not 6th.

120MPH in 5th gear is only 5300 RPM's which is still 500 below the rev limiter actuation.

rpmstospeed.gif

Glider that is interesting,it was in june that we played around and I thought my rpm was where I stated.I will try again this week after I have a new front tire on:D

Back