free website stats program speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

I run the TFI on my bike and no download and it easily hits 120 without a problem and it get's there fast too.

Glider,
On my Ultra I run the TFI and about 105 is all I can get so far. Should I get more? I( wonder if I need to try to tweak the TFI? I have the TFI, Jack Pot slip on pipes, SE AC and no download. What do you all think?
Not that I drive it that fast but want to be sure I am optimized.:s

You will get better top speed in 5th gear over 6th.

I don't do this as a regular thing, just to see how it's running and what it can do.:D

The frontal profile with the fairing will make a difference too.

My questions is...why??? I bought my bagger to "cruise" the highways & byways - not to see how fast it will go. Can't understand why someone would want to take the cadillac of HD cruisers over 100mph...:small3d011:

TRY THIS OUT:
alike strokes for alike folks.....

IF EVERYBODY WAS ALIKE NOTHING WOULD BE NEEDED DIFFERENT

SAY me for instance;; I'm replying in favor of doing it MY way.

thats what life is made up of DIFFERENCES....

signed....BUBBIE

Ride fast hard and safe because we can enough said LOL I have no idea how fast my 07 StreetBOb will run too many blue hairs here in Jacksonville got to head to Daytona on I 95 and open her up

Speedometers are required to register at least actual road speeds. That is why Harleys register faster than actual. They're too lazy to make them right. It's easy to do, my '04 Avalanche and '06 Jeep are dead on.

Yeah BigLew, but it is kinda hard to be running your bike alongside 'em at that speed at the same time...unless of course we had a top secret testing ground to "--open 'em up a bit"...yee haw!!! :newsmile100:

I took my Ultra out with a guy from the local dealer who was on a 2010 street glide with 124hp at the rear wheel and I know I backed off my bike at about 110mph and I know I still had more to go.

I took my Ultra out with a guy from the local dealer who was on a 2010 street glide with 124hp at the rear wheel and I know I backed off my bike at about 110mph and I know I still had more to go.

So what is wrong with my 09 Ultra? 105 mph with a stage one. TFI, Pipes and AC. Now I am frustrated...... :(

Cannot answer your question, but my motor is not stock. I never really heard anything about Harley putting any kind of limiters on the bikes though. Does your bike run good? Maybe you have a tuning issue.

Speedometers are required to register at least actual road speeds. That is why Harleys register faster than actual. They're too lazy to make them right. It's easy to do, my '04 Avalanche and '06 Jeep are dead on.

It's not just Harleys. The speedometer on my 05 Goldwing is even further out of whack than my 09 Road Glide. The RG speedo might show 1-3 miles faster than the bike is going but the Wing often shows 5 - 7 miles faster than the bike is going. (confirmed with my GPS) My Wing is not alone with this problem and there are aftermarket gadgets being sold to correct it. A couple of my friends with other makes of bikes also report similar inaccuracies in their speedo's.

Back