free website stats program Should I sell my full face helmet to be cool? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I sell my full face helmet to be cool?

I think I may have the solution to your problem this is the helmet I have the Nolan N43 AIR it is a helmet with a detachable chin guard that can be removed easily with one hand (not in motion obviously) it has a detachable visor to make it fully open face and comes with a small peak to finish off the open face look also detachable. There is an internal flip down sun visor operated by a slider on the left side of the helmet. The helmet has recesses inside to accommodate the Nolan ncom system although having tried it I don't recommend it I use the Autocom system it fits in fine. To top it all it is made in Italy so it has style.:D

see link for details Nolan N43 - webBikeWorld

I wear a half helmet and thats what I feel comfortable with. I'd probably pick on you a bit for a full face, but you wear what you want too. Some riders wear full leathers no matter what the temp is or they wear shorts no shirt and sneakers. It is all a matter of choice. Stick with what you and and not what others thing you should do.

The only issue is this; the rubbing you get from your buddies. Here is the answer. Get right back in their face and repeat after me. “I bought my Harley so I could; as all you’re shirts, patches, and decals proudly cry, LIVE FREE, so quit trying to force your opinions on me”

I started riding late in life and my son went with me to help me pick out my safety gear. After squeezing into an full-face helmet and feeling a bit claustrophobic I asked him if a full-face helmet was really necessary. He patiently described the facial injuries of the riders he has treated as a fireman/paramedic. That convinced me. Full-face helmet all the time and all the gear all the time.

I usually wear a full face helmet as i have been riding for a long time its what feels right for me
i tried an open face helmet for a year but prefer the full face much better protection in the rain and against the flying beasts and there is always one or the other

Brian

I wear a half helmet, tried the full face and felt I couldnt see as much as I wanted, felt like I had blinders on. Maybe I didnt give it enough time, anyways I was going to say even if you try some other style don't sell what you like, you just might be back into it. I cant say anything about peer pressure from your buds because thats how I got into this whole HD experience and loving it.

Get your buddy to put on a full face (not yours!) and run face first into a wall. Then ask him to do it in his half helmet. Tell him it will be cool, lol.
And my 0.02 on being "cool": the coolest people I have met were always the ones who quietly went about their business without infringing on anyone else, not caring about criticism or criticizing others.

Thanks for the responses. I normally do what makes me happy. I do remember having a China pheasant fly across my path on my old Honda in 1963 and have it hit my forehead at about 8o mph without a helmet on. Quite a shock! Luckily I didn't crash. There were no helmet laws back then and I prefer to ride with no helmet but the older I get the more conservative I am on helmets. Ride safe.

Thanks for the responses. I normally do what makes me happy. I do remember having a China pheasant fly across my path on my old Honda in 1963 and have it hit my forehead at about 8o mph without a helmet on. Quite a shock! Luckily I didn't crash. There were no helmet laws back then and I prefer to ride with no helmet but the older I get the more conservative I am on helmets. Ride safe.

Your bird incident was before I was born. I hope I never get that close to giving up my 1/2 helmet. You could do what I did. After trying on 30 or so helmets to find one that fit, I hated the flames and shiny finish, so I painted it with Rust-Oleum outdoor grill paint. This is an truly ugly matt black finish as tough as any powder coat, and it looks like your helmet went through WW2. If you painted a full face helmet it would look like something out of the Road Warrior movie. Ride Safe

I agree with everyone's response. Personally, I have a full face for cold and rain, although I've gotten pretty used to the rain. I like my 1/2 helmet most of the time for the extra visibility and I like the wind. I'm kinda surprised nobody else mentioned it, but I smoke and enjoy to while riding as well. It's a little difficult w/ a full face.

Back