free website stats program Should I sell my full face helmet to be cool? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I sell my full face helmet to be cool?

My best friend riding buddy is all about style but I'm not there with him. I think about what could happen and wanted the experts advice. I did paint my helmet with base coat clear coat in antique white and deep turquoise but that didn't make my buddy any happier. Do I just need to do what makes me happy because that is what I normally do. I never have felt compelled to follow the crowd. I will follow the crowd with my choice of this great bike and hopefully others to follow! Give me your honest opinions.

Do what makes you feel safe and comfortable. Looking 'cool' isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Back when I first started riding,before helmets were mandatory, a fellow rider (won't call him a friend, the little woman beating piece of trash) refused to wear any form of eye protection "cuz it didn't look cool". It was funny, in a sad way, watching him blast down the hwy eyes squinting and tearing up from the wind blast and the bugs. :small3d031: Sometimes cool really is stupid.

Hey Jim, this could be the reason why no helmets, 1/2 & 3/4 helmets so popular in years past...are not so much these daze...! :x Minus one' lower mandible is no joy! Have to admit the logo is cool, have 'em all over my bike, but still wear full face helmet.

tn188s3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jim, this could be the reason why no helmets, 1/2 & 3/4 helmets so popular in years past...are not so much these daze...! :x Minus one' lower mandible is no joy! Have to admit the logo is cool, have 'em all over my bike, but still wear full face helmet.

tn188s3.jpg

Hahaha. Too funny.
Willie G Skull, Half face.

I can really identify with you on this. A few weeks ago I rode in a little poker run and I was one of the few that wore any kind of helmet. (Mine a 3/4.) Last week, I meet a guy in the local shop (who's getting new tires put on) and he tells me a van pulled out in front of him and he had no place to go and hit broadside face first. He said he had zero time to react. He told me that although he sufferred minor shoulder problems, his full face may have saved him and at least saved his jaw/lower face. Well, you ever have that little voice that talks to you? Yesterday I bought a full face for any long runs. I want to look cool too but I dont care what anyone else thinks.

I understand safety, but, I swear, here in Italy I've never, NEVER seen a biker on a Harley wearing a full face helmet.
But you know, in Italy we're very keen on style...:s

In USA you're more pragmatic...

If I lived there, maybe I'd use a full face: always used it on other bikes than HD's.

Ciao
Ugo

Dont know if anyone recalls an ad by -i think-Bell helmets.It went"If you have a $10 head,buy a $10 helmet"(this WAS a long time ago).

Seems like your so called 'mate' likes style over substance.
Your head,your choice.

It's been said. Where what you feel comfortable with and just enjoy the ride. I have 1/2, 3/4 and full face (modular), just started wearing the half this year on a few short trips, but during the heat I wear the 3/4 and the rest of the time, whenver possible I use the full.

Some guys are just about the look, me I like the ride. I take it just about every day into my office (where I dress business casual) one guy told me he could not bring his bike to work cause he would kick is own... if he dressed like this on the bike...my thoughts, who cares...did you enjoy the ride, then what does it matter.

Be safe, you have enough experience it sounds like to know the full face is what you want, so stick with it.

I am 53 and have raced bikes since I was 11 so I have used the safety side of a helmet many times. I always tell my kids if you have a cheap head then wear a cheap helmet and every time we see a rider without a helmet some one says "must have a cheap head." I would keep on wearing the best helmet you can get your hands on!

I rarely wore a helmet until this season... I don't know why I changed but I almost always wear one now... Wear what you want, when you want...

Back