free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dictionary defines a poser as, "a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not."

And a Biker as "A person who rides a bicycle, motorcycle, or motorbike, esp. in competition or as a hobby"

What this tells me is if you dont have a bike and are trying to kick start your pretend bike in the Garage you must be a Poser. If you are actually able to start your bike and ride off in the sunset you must be a biker.

RBG, I'd love to have 26*, that would be warm for me tomorrow. If we see 20*, we'll be lucky. I'm just hoping I don't get stuck down by the river to work tomorrow and I can have another, "Joy declared 'easy' day" at work tomorrow. Give me 21 days over 90* anytime. I can work slower, and ride the bike to work again..........:bigsmiley20:

if you ride your bike to places, say like sturgis. Your a biker. If you trailer your bike, your a poser!:smell

if you ride your bike to places, say like sturgis. Your a biker. If you trailer your bike, your a poser!:smell

OK another scenario...

Suppose for one reason or another someone can't ride long distances like a handicap of some sort or even time constraints with work and wants to go regardless and they trailer the bike to the outskirts of town and ride from there, they still a poser?

Awww Smitty... not just a poser... but a dog lover too... that's really gonna ruin your tough image... I mean... why not a rottie sitting up there? C'mon!

(j/k... I think the scoot looks great... the pooch is a cutie too)

At least it's not a Poodle.:12:

I'm glad I read this thread. I own a metric bike (that was built in the USA) and unfortunately have witnessed a lot of less than polite action from non-metric owners towards those of us that don't ride Harleys. :) I didn't read ALL of the 100+ comments here, but enough to see that all Harley riders aren't alike! Thanks.

Hello, this is my first post. I recently joined here looking for info. I'm completely satisfied with the bike I now have but it is NOT comfortable for 2 up riding. I like to leave home for weeks at a time and ride around this great country of ours and finally my wife has had enough of it and wants to come along. We've been looking at a softail heritage classic and that's why I came here to see if I could find out more about the model and what actual owners think of it.

I'll keep reading and researching but thanks for making me think I will be welcome here even if I don't have a Harley.

jeff

PS my bike is my primary transportation AND my relaxation. it's nice being able to ride everyday. the people that think I'm nuts probably think I'm a biker (what do they know?) and the people that don't have a clue about riding probably think I'm a poser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back